User

Default Vector optics Sentinel review

So I thought that I would write up a short review about the Vector Optics sentinel 6-24x50 scope since there isn't many credible reviews online. I bought a sentinel scope for my 308, liked it so much I bought one for my 338win. Both are used for hunting and long range shooting.

I have only put 100 rounds through each scope since I got them last week but I will continue to update the thread if anything noteworthy happens with regards to the scopes.

The good:

- Both rifles had leupold vx1 scopes on them and I can honestly say that there is no decrease in clarity with the sentinel scopes.
    - I tested the tracking of both scopes today from 100m to 500m. I was shooting gongs ranging between 100mm and 200mm diameter. I constantly moved between targets and adjusted accordingly. The scopes tracked well, keep in mind I was only shooting gongs and not tight groups so they may not track 100% but I could not detect any issues.
    - The holdovers on the crosshairs are accurate. 1 MOA holdovers at 20x magnification is stated. I tested this and the holdovers do line up with my MOA targets.
    - The turrets feel very good. Positive clicks that are audible. Way better than my vx1's.
    - Pop up covers, a killflash and scope rings are included.
    - Lifetime warranty.

The bad:
    - First things first. When you get your scope, go outside, open the box, take out the scope rings, the throw them as far as possible and never go look for them again. These rings are useless, budget for proper rings. I broke the first pair by tightening the bolts lightly (not reaching down on them, lightly tightening them.) Broke the other pair after about 30 shots with the 338win. Brother arms swopped out my 308's rings to upgraded rings that work great (all under warranty). I bought steel scope rings for the 338 and mounted the scope with them.
    - I zero-ed my 308 once, and my 338 three times (different ammo and then with new mounts). There was one instance where I adjusted windage where my POI did not change by the same amount I adjusted my turret. The second shot did however. This was with the first shots with that scope and I did not experience that again but I feel it's something to note.
    - I read of one group member where the paralax nob broke off (can't remember what scope).
    - I handled a different model in a shop once, the paralax nob on that scope was incredibly hard to turn.

Brother arms and www.Huntcessories.co.za helped me with the scopes and both offered to change out my broken mounts for free. Recieved great service from both of them. I will continue to use these scopes and update the thread if anything noteworthy happens.

Default Re: Vector optics Sentinel review

20211017_094322.jpg20211017_094322.jpg20211017_094322.jpgJust thought I'd add my two cents.

Bought a vector Everest and got it fitted on a new Weatherby 30-06. First trip to the range for a barrel break-in, spent the day puzzling with bad grouping. Put it down to using mixed loads and cleaning after every third shot. When I got home, I noticed scratch marks in the scope tube, it had shifted approximately 15mm laterally in the rings.

Took the scope back to the smith where I got it fitted. Went through the entire mounting process with them to ensure they were using the correct torque on the rings. Three shots at the range and the scope had shifted 5mm in the rings again.

Took the scope back to Brothers arms where I bought it, decided to ditch the rings the scope comes with and spent a bit more for some decent rings. Haven't been to the range yet so still not sure if I have it sorted but hoping your advise on ditching the rings is all it needs.

The attached image shows the amount the scope moved in the rings after a single shot.