User

Default Private firearm purchase

Evening guys.

I'm looking to purchase a firearm in Secunda.I am based in the Eastern Cape.

What is the best practice of doing this with an unknown seller? Draw up a contract then ask him to put it into dealer stock up there or down my side at my expense then make the payment for the firearm? Is this the most common practice?

Default Re: Private firearm purchase

Hi.

I would suggest a one pager sales agreement.
    Copy of his license.
    Ask him to ship to a gunshop of your choice and to be booked into dealers stock. RAM ships firearms.

Pay once agreement signed and confirmed by gunshop received into dealers stock.

I would suggest a gunshop near you so you can shoot while waiting for your license.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by brukutu View Post
    Hi.

I would suggest a one pager sales agreement.
    Copy of his license.
    Ask him to ship to a gunshop of your choice and to be booked into dealers stock. RAM ships firearms.

Pay once agreement signed and confirmed by gunshop received into dealers stock.

I would suggest a gunshop near you so you can shoot while waiting for your license.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that. Ties up into the only logical manner I can think of too. It's a spare working rifle so no rush to shoot it but suppose i would like to support my local dealer too wrt any storage fees.

User

If you haven't seen the FA or seller before arrange before hand for a local FA dealer to inspect the rifle and to stock it for you . Once the dealer confirm he's inspected the rifle in good condition and in stock and all the paper work is correct you can pay seller

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    If you haven't seen the FA or seller before arrange before hand for a local FA dealer to inspect the rifle and to stock it for you . Once the dealer confirm he's inspected the rifle in good condition and in stock and all the paper work is correct you can pay seller
    Thanks. I have asked the seller to do this. If I get a no then I assume a scam or in poor condition.

I would ask him to store it at a dealer. Or even better. If you have a dealer. Ask him to transfer it to the dealers stock. Then you apply from your dealer.

User

Thanks for the advice and PMs. To update I asked for the firearm to be dealer stocked at my expense and to ensure the license is still valid then I would make payment as per an agreement.

Thus far no reply so either it was too much effort, a scam, or another local buyer.

Hi There

I Recently sold a Firearm to a guy in Eastern Cape.

The way we both agreed to do the transaction was he arranged with a local dealer this side for safe keeping not dealer stocking.

Once I booked it in and the dealer advices him all was in order he did a part payment to me.

I then courierd the Sap 271 and other accessories to him.
    Once he received it he payed the balance to me.

I guess this was fair to both parties to do it this way because these days there's many scammers out there.

Happy selling and happy purchasing fellow gunsiters