Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CCW - Choices for Glock 43

Hello all,

New to the forum and have spent a few weeks reading the posts on here. I was dead set on a Sig P365 but have understood that due to limited supply, service, support and parts it might not be the best choice.

Next on the list is the Glock 43, as many have said, round count not great but easily concealable. My logic to not go 43x is that I can make the 43 a 43x in capacity but will never be able to turn the 43x into a 43. Is that logic sound?

So my few burning questions that I would appreciate some guidance on:
    1. Sights - what to go for? Trigicon HD from my research “looks” good?
    2. Extended Magazine - what to go for? I want the integrated spring system as have shot a 43 with extended mag that didn’t feed correctly, closer to the end of the mag.
    3. AIWB holsters - small, comfy and safe? Alien looks good?
    4, Light - should I get a light and if yes, what? I don’t recall the 43 having rails, the new 43x does though.?
    5. Where to buy and how much ? - across all of these, where are the best places to buy and what are the relative prices? Im based in Cape Town, happy to shop online.
    6. Glock 43 - seen a very broad range of pricing, what should I be paying?
    7. Any other considerations I have left out?

Thanks for the anticipated feedback!

User

Default Re: CCW - Choices for Glock 43

1 HD sights are awesome!
    2 The 43 is a 6 plus 1 gun. The extended mags don't work or don't work for very long or don't work with hollow points very well. Pick one.
    3 I'm enjoying the 48 in a philster holster
    4 Good handheld first then worry about if the gun needs a light.
    5 I've seen them for 7k on special
    6 Tactical HQ
    7 have you considered the Glock 48.its an amazing blaster.

Regarding the light, if you do want one, the tlr6 works with it. It hooks on the trigger guard.

It's not the brightest, but does the job.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    1 HD sights are awesome!
    2 The 43 is a 6 plus 1 gun. The extended mags don't work or don't work for very long or don't work with hollow points very well. Pick one.
    3 I'm enjoying the 48 in a philster holster
    4 Good handheld first then worry about if the gun needs a light.
    5 I've seen them for 7k on special
    6 Tactical HQ
    7 have you considered the Glock 48.its an amazing blaster.
    I haven’t shot one but have held it, same dimensions as 19 just thinner and single stack. I know me, if it’s too big and uncomfy I won’t carry it especially is daily smarts and weekend t and shorts.

User

Quote Originally Posted by VolderTort View Post
    Regarding the light, if you do want one, the tlr6 works with it. It hooks on the trigger guard.

I concur, the TLR6 works great on my backup 43.

User

Default CCW - Choices for Glock 43

You are mistaken in thinking that you can make the 43 into a 43X but not the other way around, those magazine extensions dont work well, so ill never put my life on any of them, same goes for any non Glock OEM Mags, remember that 6+1 that work beats 8+1 that dont...

Alien gear are very gimmicky in my opinion, good local Kydex holster like Danies holsters and Quantum Carry for the win

My honest advice is that if you are planning on carrying AIWB then go for the G48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VolderTort View Post

Thanks will have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    You are mistaken in thinking that you can make the 43 into a 43X but not the other way around, those magazine extensions dont work well, so ill never put my life on any of them, same goes for any non Glock OEM Mags, remember that 6+1 that work beats 8+1 that dont...

Alien gear are very gimmicky in my opinion, good local Kydex holster like Danies holsters and Quantum Carry for the win

My honest advice is that if you are planning on carrying AIWB then go for the G48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the pointers! Will check them out. That’s why all the questions for the pros.....😜

User

I've got the 43 for 5 years.

The 43 can double as a pocket gun whereas the 43x and 48 definitely cannot. The latter two are belt guns.

I carry her in a kydex pocket holster at times either alone or as a back up gun.

I bought a plus 3 taran tactical mag extension. Don't care much for it. I've tested it numerous times at the range and have had failures to feed.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

User

Please tell me where you guys have found a TLR6 in SA?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast