Default Two .22lr Section 16 DSS applications at same time, same applicant.

Hi All.

I bought two .22lr rifles for a steal (imho) in the last Classic Arms auction, looking at licensing both of them as sec 16 DSS, one as a scoped rifle and the other as no scope/steel sights.

My question - since the motivations will be 99% similar except for scope v steel sights am I putting myself at risk of rejection in handing in both applications at the same time.

Should I rather hand them in a time apart? Reason I'm asking is that the police station is a shambles and the same queue for everyone so wait could be > 2hr.

Thanks!

User

Default Re: Two .22lr Section 16 DSS applications at same time, same applicant.

Write proper motivations detailing the differing technical details between scoped and un-scoped and for what purpose each will be used.

My wife licensed a Beretta model 70 .22 for IDPA.

There is no .22 division in IDPA, but she "needs" a training pistol to master trigger control...

Hand in at same time. Even if seperate when second one arrives they will see first one on your name.

My apps/motivatons are all about 95% Identical. About 2.5 pages. 1st Page list my experience over years. Clubs belonged to. Training done. and stuff like that. Then page two shows current sports bodies. Which is my club and NHSA stuff. These always stay the same unless I achieve something new to add.

Then I have maybe a 3rd page saying why I want/need the specific firearm and what I want to use for. This changes off course per app.

Then a small piece of specific firearm copied from Internet somewhere just saying benefits of this specific firearm. Usually from manufacturer.

And then I list about 10 names of people who know me and shoot with me or hunted with me. I add there numbers and just say they can be phoned if needed to verify. I dont ask them to write letters. CFR can phone them if they feel they want.

User

I've done it before, handed in both at the same time. I clearly referred to the other rifle & application in each motivation explaining what the differences were.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I've done it before, handed in both at the same time. I clearly referred to the other rifle & application in each motivation explaining what the differences were.
    I've done the same! I'd definitely refer to the other rifle in each of the motivations and you should be good to go!