Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Vortex DIAMONDBACK® TACTICAL 6-24X50 FFP

I have used and currently own several scopes with 6,5-20x and 6-24x magnification ranges. My hunting rifles still carry 3-9x scopes with normal plex recticles, since they are far more useful under normal hunting conditions.

Whenever I see someone struggling with a rifle on the range or in the field, I check the magnification setting first. Usually the scope is dialed too high and the user can't see or hit anything, especially with some pressure added.

So yes, the magnification on that scope can indeed become a problem. Use it for long range games once you have advanced to that level. In the meantime a normal scope with moderate magnification will serve you well.

Default Re: Vortex DIAMONDBACK TACTICAL 6-24X50 FFP

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Recently (in this week actually) went from a Vortex PST2 5-25x50 FFP scope to a Vortex HS 4-16x44 SFP scope on my 308.

The PST2 is fantastic, but for bushveld hunting you really need to dial up a lot to see the reticle which makes the shots slower & more difficult. The same will be true with both the Diamondback and Strike Eagle in first focal plane.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    This effect will be a hindrance while hunting. I have this Scope . A Diamondback tactical 6-24x50. It’s a target scope, which I use on my PRS rimfire rifle. The cross hair is so fine that at 6x you will not easily see it against a bush background.

Rather get a good SFP scope in 3-9x 40, or so , for hunting. It will be more than enough and save the Diamondback for target shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2