Banned

Default planned hunts and cancellations, how do you accommodate life happens.

My first hunt went as follows.
    3 units, 5 persons booked, 2 persons in waiting if someone cancels.
    End result = 5 cancels and 2 in waiting came hunting. Farmer checks me out skeef.

2nd Hunt, 3 persons booked to hunt, two come alongs booked not hunting, 5 persons booked work providing and if there is space (they stand by workers for Vodacom and a feeding scheme)
    The 3 persons booked cancelled today, one = something better came up, the other two, father and son can not come as work changed due to covert (top man tested positive and he now has to fill position)
    5 stand by guys are now on CATCH up Catch Up directive because of level two demands, so they all working 24/7 and over time.

How does one provide for this, what do we do, not nasty or such, how does one work with the human factor, sometimes the me first factor.

Default Re: planned hunts and cancellations, how do you accommodate life happens.

Ai, I have sympathy with your situation. The current (past 5 months) situation is very frustrating. I booked my hunts early in February this year but the "lockdown" interfered with our plans. I am 72 years old so I had to be extra careful regarding how I moved around.
    On 2 of the hunts the wives and children were supposed to go along but due to travel restrictions they had to cancel
    In the end I managed to shift some of the booking dates but a number of friends could not change their dates. Fewer hunters went along but I kept the farmers informed and they all understood the abnormal situation

User

Default Re: planned hunts and cancellations, how do you accommodate life happens.

Also had to cancel a hunt I had planned due to financial situation. It's tough times all round and hunting is still seen by many as a recreational activity..

Problem is although at level 2 and they say companies must now push to make up. Problem is people are not currently buying anything but essential stuff.

So non essential purchases are on hold due to be people be scared of current finances.
    Then you have alot of people who took serious financial knocks and even lost jobs and companies.

So its easy for government to say business must now push. But there is no one spending money to purchase stuff.

There also wont be any tourist season coming December. So losses still coming. And im sure alot of companies wont pay bonusses this year as they wont be able to afford.

Banned

Exclamation Re: planned hunts and cancellations, how do you accommodate life happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So its easy for government to say business must now push. But there is no one spending money to purchase stuff.
    There must be someone somewhere with some spare cash -- and buying stuff
    Just about every online gun shop is showing on nearly 90% of their inventory -- OUT of STOCK
    Wonder when the International supply chains are going to start to get going again ?