Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Karoo Kudu.

User

Default Re: Karoo Kudu.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    What do you estimate as the age ?
    To me looking a bit -- scrawny
    What is going on on his facing hind quarters ?
    Patch there looks almost like some sort of mange ( parasite / skin problem )
    He is ±7 years old.
    It is not abnormal for animals, and particularly browsers, in this area to lose weight during winter.
    Unlike most antelope species, kudu does not have smooth, neat hair, their hair can be almost "woolly", and if it had been lying down or brushing through brush the hair can lie in odd directions.
    I watched it for quite a while through binoculars, it is definitely not mange, or anything similar.

Banned

Arrow Re: Karoo Kudu.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    He is ±7 years old.
    It is not abnormal for animals, and particularly browsers, in this area to lose weight during winter.
    Unlike most antelope species, kudu does not have smooth, neat hair, their hair can be almost "woolly", and if it had been lying down or brushing through brush the hair can lie in odd directions.
    I watched it for quite a while through binoculars, it is definitely not mange, or anything similar.
    Thanks for the update and clarification
    I notice he also has his tail tucked in -- is this a sign of getting ready to -- step on the accelerator ?
    When they run off tail tends to do a -- little dance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2