Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default population versus society behavior

I read this article 30 years ago and was fascinated, could never find it again and longed for a recap.
    I have often referred or told people about this experiment, it is the reason I believe kids grow better in the country than in towns.

It is the reason why things like BLM and EFF etc come about.

The "Universe 25" experiment is one of the most terrifying experiments in the history of science, which, through the behavior of a colony of mice, is an attempt by scientists to explain human societies. The idea of ​​"Universe 25" Came from the American scientist John Calhoun, who created an "ideal world" in which hundreds of mice would live and reproduce. More specifically, Calhoun built the so-called "Paradise of Mice", a specially designed space where rodents had Abundance of food and water, as well as a large living space. In the beginning, he placed four pairs of mice that in a short time began to reproduce, resulting in their population growing rapidly. However, after 315 days their reproduction began to decrease significantly. When the number of rodents reached 600, a hierarchy was formed between them and then the so-called "wretches" appeared. The larger rodents began to attack the group, with the result that many males begin to "collapse" psychologically. As a result, the females did not protect themselves and in turn became aggressive towards their young. As time went on, the females showed more and more aggressive behavior, isolation elements and lack of reproductive mood. There was a low birth rate and, at the same time, an increase in mortality in younger rodents. Then, a new class of male rodents appeared, the so-called "beautiful mice". They refused to mate with the females or to "fight" for their space. All they cared about was food and sleep. At one point, "beautiful males" and "isolated females" made up the majority of the population. As time went on, juvenile mortality reached 100% and reproduction reached zero. Among the endangered mice, homosexuality was observed and, at the same time, cannibalism increased, despite the fact that there was plenty of food. Two years after the start of the experiment, the last baby of the colony was born. By 1973, he had killed the last mouse in the Universe 25. John Calhoun repeated the same experiment 25 more times, and each time the result was the same.
    Calhoun's scientific work has been used as a model for interpreting social collapse, and his research serves as a focal point for the study of urban sociology.
    ~Dutch Medicine Man~

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: population versus society behavior

Rather disturbing
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Rather disturbing
    And yet, there is still planned reproduction amongst the 'educated' people of this world, as though they exist in some kind of unaffected bubble.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    And yet, there is still planned reproduction amongst the 'educated' people of this world, as though they exist in some kind of unaffected bubble.
    So just give up and let 'dumb' people out breed 'educated' people, or am I misunderstanding?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    So just give up and let 'dumb' people out breed 'educated' people, or am I misunderstanding?
    already happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have often referred or told people about this experiment, it is the reason I believe kids grow better in the country than in towns.
    It isn't just limited to the cities, it's happening all over. Improved mobility and connectivity saw to the end of the buffer that living out in country afforded rural communities. If you want to see what is in store for us, take a look at Japan,

Banned

Look at the stages mentioned and for those of you my age, relate to the yards we grew up in?
    No front walls waist height side walls and high back walls, then high sides and back, low front walls.
    Now! High walls all round and the beautiful ones in parliament.

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    Education does not guarantee protection against the former

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    Education does not guarantee protection against the former

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    Specifically when the educated have no place to go, be, be of appreciated status. I think the above is even more unsettling in society, the unhappy educated mass's within a society that is saturated in educated persons beyond it capacity to utilize their educated status and abilities.

User

Is the experiment perhaps not to illustrate that mice have a built in bomb with an inbreeding fuse?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast