Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with some values for some firearms:

1. Rossi 357 Magnum Carbine

2. Dan Wesson 357 Revolver
      • Has 2", 4" 6" and 8" interchangeable barrels
      • Dan Wesson Belt Buckle
      • In lockable carry case

3. Smith & Wesson K38 Masterpiece 38 Special Revolver

4. Smith & Wesson K38 Masterpiece 38 Special Revolver with custom grip and combat grip

User

Default Re: Firearm valuations please.

What an awesome collection!

My guesses:
    1. R7k
    2. R12-15k??
    3. R4k
    4. R4k

Classic arms auctions and Gunafrica classifieds may also help to get values

Banned

Rossi Carbine: R6500 - R9000, depending condition and urgency of sale.

User

You could get up to R10k for that Rossi. People pay crazy prices for them these days.

I have seen #2 go for high prices in the past....>R24k is not uncommon for the blued set, and more for the stainless steel version. I cannot see any drag marks on the cylinder, suggesting that it may be unfired (?). I suggest that you contact Classic Arms in Witbank, as I know that they have handled a number of these in the last decade or so.

All these guns are in very nice condition and you should be able to get at the upper end of each's value bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    You could get up to R10k for that Rossi. People pay crazy prices for them these days.
    Yet at VLT they are R9995 new

Banned

Sold my Rossi for R6500 and learnt later that a willing buyer or 10 would have gone to 9K if it was real clean and clear.
    # 2 -beyond my scope.
    # 3 & 4 are really "can get given to you to get rid of" weapons very often. I know there may be some one that wants one of those and will pay an amount for them, but I get offered that level weapon every now and again for "please do paperwork" conditions. Perhaps there is something I do not know, but R800, R1200 would be my "dunno maybe " offer.

1. Rossi price pre owned of about R6500 to R8500 depending on condition sounds right.
    2. The Dan Wesson is interesting. The multiple barrels will push up the value. A previous member guessed at round R12k to R15k which sounds reasonable. Would get more if it was stainless steel or had the longer barrels.
    3. Hav seen many good condition S&W model 10s with 4" barrels go for R3000. The K38 is the model 14 which is slightly more refined and has a 6" barrel. For me thats about a R4000 value for each. A collector might pay a bit more, maybe as high as R6000 each.