Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: QUESTION ON "TECHNICALITY" OF APPROVED LICENSE WITH STORAGE PERMIT

I would say don't take a chance. The authorities in SA are just looking for any opportunity to disarm.
    Have patience and wait it out. Yeah I know, it's easy to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    The card is not the licence. Some licences (temp, additional etc) don't get a card.

Id take it with if I were in that situation they can just phone CFR and check (as they should even if you have a card)
    You clearly have never been pulled over by a pair of aggressive cops in an isolated area.

User

Thank you for all the responses and perspectives.

In the words of Dirty Harry it basically boils down to "Do you feel lucky, punk" I guess.

Just extremely frustrating that there are no clear cut guidelines on sometimes seemingly trivial matters like this (and who has the stomach or deep pockets to have test cases for legal precedent on these matters).

Thanx guys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    You clearly have never been pulled over by a pair of aggressive cops in an isolated area.
    If I was worried about what the two most ignorant Saps officers might argue then I wouldn't do very much at all.

I carry hollow points one up and often a S16 licenced gun too, a knife on me, a torch, basic tools and a set of picks in the car

User

So did you go to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    If I was worried about what the two most ignorant Saps officers might argue then I wouldn't do very much at all.

I carry hollow points one up and often a S16 licenced gun too, a knife on me, a torch, basic tools and a set of picks in the car
    Yes but you do have your card with you? The point I make is not based on conjecture but on something that actually happened to me. I was fortunately not carrying but there is no question in my mind that had a single thing been even remotely out of place they would have used it against me.It is something I will never forget.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    So did you go to the range?
    Unfortunately not. Some family health issues and work pressure kept me at home. Think I will slip away next week one morning after the 31st monthend deadlines passed. (thing I enjoy most about deadlines is the whooozzzssh sound they make as they go by me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    I am in the same position. My DFO was explicit in her instructions. Wait for your card.
    If you use it I will have you arrested.

Ignoring her instructions will be irresponsible on my part, will put an end to her trust in me
    and could quite easily lead to repercussions for the firearm community.
    Received sms to collect my card for my 9 mm P 5 minutes ago.
    Licence was approved 12.8.2020

Wonder if my DFO is open tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    Received sms to collect my card for my 9 mm P 5 minutes ago.
    Licence was approved 12.8.2020

Wonder if my DFO is open tomorrow ?
    Nice

User

Good news indeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2