Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Firearms you did not buy and now regret.

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    In 1995 a buddy of mine wanted to sell his silver Desert Eagle (mint condition still in case) for R2,000 to me. 18 months before I got my Browning HP and could just not see the sense of having 2 handguns and passed up on the deal.
    Got offered a 50 Cal for R11 000 Desert Eagle Stainless, new nothing about them, laughed at guy, " WTF U think I am gonna do with "THAT THING" ?"
    Bout 2002, R11000 was a lot of money, but about half its value I later learnt.

User

H&K USP compact at a GREAT price a good few years ago from Southern Arms.

USPF 45T

Regret it everyday

My regret was a Sig P210-6 in absolutely mint condition, a few years ago....

Banned

I see very few regret not buys here that are not replaceable s.
    Most of the weapons here are easily found again, perhaps not at same price, but they available. When I posted, I was actually thinking of those once in a lifetime come your way occurrences, rare and specials.
    I was also hoping some one would know of the rifle I posted about.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

More a firearm I did not take. It was my Grandfathers S&W Triplelock revolver in 455. He got it from my grandmothers father who carried it inWW2. My doos of an uncle handed it in for destruction.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    If you can the arrange the meeting, I will kick you for you, "mala" .
    It also had 2 magazines which one often does not find. Was Arc and Arms in King Williamstown.

I regret not taking my grandfathers 303 as well. Not sure what model it was but the barrel had been replaced with an exceptionally long octagonal target barrel. I think my uncle handed it in to SAPS.

User

Not one I had the chance to buy, but still would have liked to have it. My Oupa’s Oberndorf Mauser .22lr.

Only for its sentiment and my connection to him. He also handed it in to the sharks when they started with their scare tactics. He did it without telling anyone in the family. WTF?!?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Not one I had the chance to buy, but still would have liked to have it. My Oupa’s Oberndorf Mauser .22lr.

Only for its sentiment and my connection to him. He also handed it in to the sharks when they started with their scare tactics. He did it without telling anyone in the family. WTF?!?!
    Shit you just reminded me, my mothers father has had one which he swapped to his brother, I tried for years to get it, gave up 10 years ago.
    Time to call again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    More a firearm I did not take. It was my Grandfathers S&W Triplelock revolver in 455. He got it from my grandmothers father who carried it inWW2. My doos of an uncle handed it in for destruction.
    When I was 5/6 years old my neighbors gave me a 410 shotgun which was to go onto my name upon reaching age. I used to have it stowed away here at home till 30 years ago.
    When the big noise came he also handed it in for destruction.

It had a massive history, came from Belgium with grand parents+++ to settle in B/Congo it moved down through Africa as each country succumbed to the locusts, the last being Rhodesia, before they came to RSA about 50 years ago.

It survived all that only to fall to Uncle Bennie who was the eptimine of of what we refer to as a proper Dutchman. (loved him all the same though).
    He could not be spoken out of handing it in.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast