Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    Neil - he had two.He bought mine for his son and still has it.Does your mate still have his? What are his comments?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He still has it. He is a pro hunter and uses it a fair bit I think. He bought it from Seady but not sure which of the 2 it was. Was his first rifle actually so I think. Had a suppressor fitted.

Default Re: Firearms you did not buy and now regret.

When my grandfather passed on i passed up the opportunity to take his mint Winchester .410ga pump action. Sadly it went in for destruction. Cant find one anywhere and i been looking for years. Biggest dumbest mistake ever. Ons praat nie daaroor nie.

Banned

Default Re: Firearms you did not buy and now regret.

I also lost a .410 at that time, I already had a h/gun and a .22. The weapon was given to me when I was 11/12 years old and it was obvious how much I enjoyed firearms. It had rich history and belonged to Aunty Anika's mothers (Aunty De Bruin) father who was one of the original Belgium Congo early immigrants.
    Anika is 79 yrs now.
    Here mother died at 80+ and it was her fathers gun.
    Strange part to me is that it did not have external hammers, or is that not strange?

The weapon was used in the escape from Congo to Rhodesia, then to RSA (or so legend has it) and author of the final moments for a few lives.

How true any of this all is ? but it was old, very old and had traveled the colonies and changes of history.

This piece of history is now likely some nails or perhaps fencing wire, Aunty Anika's husband literally S**** himself when the government spoke (old school).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7