Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default First time EDC buyer... What to choose??

Hi all

I am looking at getting myself my first handgun with will primarily be used as a EDC on the farm, home defense and when hunting.
    I have around R10K to spend and im quite intrested in a 9mm or.45acp but im not to sure what to look at. I stay quite far away from a gunshop which makes it tricky to go check some out.

I've looked at CZ, glock and S&W. Are there any other good ones that i should look at? Im not much of a glock fan boy, and have my eye on the S&W.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jason

User

Default First time EDC buyer... What to choose??

Get ready for a lot of arguments

I shoot Glocks. Spares and magazines and the guns are available and affordable.

Some of the H&K, S&W and other brands do mot have extensive support.

I am sure lot will chip in with advice, but if I can give you only one piece it is this.

Do not focus on the hardware too much. Get a reliable gun, but have some budget for ammo and training.

Any stock Glock 19,17, CZ, M&P are good enough, but people rarely budget for training and ammo.

I am going te get popcorn.

Oh ja, and carry the thing ALL THE TIME. Good luck! You are at the front lines.

User

Default Re: First time EDC buyer... What to choose??

Yea that's true, alot of the guys suggest getting a brand that parts and spare mags are reasonably priced and don't cost an arm and a leg. Im not to fussy, glocks a good make, im not a fan of it, but if its reliable I'll go for it, but I'd like to check other options out aswell.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murray View Post
    Yea that's true, alot of the guys suggest getting a brand that parts and spare mags are reasonably priced and don't cost an arm and a leg. Im not to fussy, glocks a good make, im not a fan of it, but if its reliable I'll go for it, but I'd like to check other options out aswell.
    What elements need to appeal to you regarding the decision?

Do you have some sort of checklist in terms of what it needs to do?

Maybe start there rather. Then buy accordingly. Just list your requirements.

Yussus. Not again.

User

Hi Jay - this question has been asked and debated over many times here.
    Do yourself a favour and use the forum's search function, and you will come up with tons of useable useful info to consider, and which should guide your choice.

My biggest piece of advice is make sure it fits your hand, saying that, you need to be able to reach all the controls (Mag eject; slide stop/ slide release; trigger) without having to move or adjust your master grip.

Even if you can do it great with 2 hands... but you need to be able to get to all the controls.

Reliability has been said, I am a CZ man, P07 worked for my hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Yussus. Not again.
    Come on man. All gun owners ask this question at some point or other in their lives, what better place to get an answer than GUNSite??!! Should we rather refer them to some US forum to get the answer where they are a bit more friendly to newbies?

How would you like it if YOU came to a gun forum and got greeted with "Yussus. Not again." when asking a question.

Lighten up. If you don't want to help then don't but don't pour cold water on the man's first EDC purchase. It's not cool.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Hi all
    I've looked at CZ, glock and S&W. Are there any other good ones that i should look at? Im not much of a glock fan boy, and have my eye on the S&W.
    Far away from gunshop = Glock.

Higher capacity on a farm is always better cos when it comes it comes in all direction and in multiples..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Hi all
    Far away from gunshop = Glock.

Higher capacity on a farm is always better cos when it comes it comes in all direction and in multiples..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast