Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: First time EDC buyer... What to choose??

Quote Originally Posted by shauncraill View Post
    My biggest piece of advice is make sure it fits your hand, saying that, you need to be able to reach all the controls (Mag eject; slide stop/ slide release; trigger) without having to move or adjust your master grip.

Even if you can do it great with 2 hands... but you need to be able to get to all the controls.

Reliability has been said, I am a CZ man, P07 worked for my hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time all new handgun buyers watch this clip from Lucas Botkin of T.Rex Arms. He's one of the few trainers I really trust and I listen to what he has to say.

Take careful note about what he says about handgun fit!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Time all new handgun buyers watch this clip from Lucas Botkin of T.Rex Arms. He's one of the few trainers I really trust and I listen to what he has to say.

Take careful note about what he says about handgun fit!
    Lucas has a few good videos. But there far more qualified instructors to listen to!
    Just a few i feel i would rather spend my time watching.
    Scott Jedlinski from Modern Samurai project
    Aaron Cowan Sage dynamics
    Gabe White
    Caleb Giddings
    Theres many more. But these guys are the real deal when it comes to real world advice...

Human beings have an amazing ability to adapt to just about any instrument given enough time. Even the Glock eventually becomes part of your hand. Brendank is right, fit is vastly overated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel55 View Post
    Lucas has a few good videos. But there far more qualified instructors to listen to!
    Gabe White
    Caleb Giddings
    Theres many more. But these guys are the real deal when it comes to real world advice...
    I know. Lucas's advice is practical and true, which is why I listen when he talks. I can assure you his opinion on handgun fit will be shared by most if not all of the folks you mentioned above.

User

Hi
    So i sealed the deal on the CZ p10c, manage to pick one up brand new for R7200. I saw it as a give away so grabbed it whilst i could.

Next question, when liceancing it under section 13, what elso should i include in the application?
    * motivation
    * competency certificate
    * Police documents
    * letter for local hunting club
    * gun safe photos
    * proof of address

What else should i include?
    And any recommendations as to who can make up a solid motivation?

Thanks all
    Jason

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You don't need a letter from a local hunting club if under section13. My application was everything you mentioned excl. the hunting club letter.

In the motivation, you need to motivate why you need it. This should be easy as its usually the reason you bought the gun. In a nutshell, personal safety whilst travelling, at home with a couple of crime statistics was my approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murray View Post
    Hi
    So i sealed the deal on the CZ p10c, manage to pick one up brand new for R7200. I saw it as a give away so grabbed it whilst i could.

Next question, when liceancing it under section 13, what elso should i include in the application?
    * motivation
    * competency certificate
    * Police documents
    * letter for local hunting club
    * gun safe photos
    * proof of address

What else should i include?
    And any recommendations as to who can make up a solid motivation?

Thanks all
    Jason

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Great choice you made.

For S13 you wont need any letters but your own motivation. Also I believe you wanted to say shooting club and not hunting club. As I dont see a hunting letter working for a p10c or for S13 application,

I would even though you migh think not needed. Suggest also joining NHSA. YOu do not need to join a shooting club. But when ever you just go practice or shoot for fun. You just upload a pic to NHSA. And in future you have alot of activities on hand for futures apps or renewals.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel55 View Post
    Gabe White
    Caleb Giddings
    I agree. These guys also cross train and many compete in much more involved scenarios than the short drills that seem to be the majority of Lucas's videos.

Look up the Botkin cult and his outbursts and ragequitting matches, weird vibes all around

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I agree. These guys also cross train and many compete in much more involved scenarios than the short drills that seem to be the majority of Lucas's videos.

Look up the Botkin cult and his outbursts and ragequitting matches, weird vibes all around
    Yep same here. Not some one regarded highly by many. Caleb called him out again recently for one of his posts. For serious handgun and defensive content, I agree with the names Daniel posted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7