Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printing

User

Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    used the below guys like 2 times... no affiliation..cool thing you can see the price by uploading your design file

https://shap3d.co.za/product/3d-printing-instant-quote/
    Just a point of interest, your website is actually just a central hub to source various items from.
    The products are routed to a supplier or manufacturer base and the relevant quotes generated.

There is no personal interaction,no contact details, no physical address etc.
    Unless I missed it then you can PM that I am wrong and point it out where on the page.

Tell me what you need, I can see if it's available.
    I'm different as I'll give you my email address, contact number, product and contract references and even meet up anywhere in the country if a meeting is warrented.

User

Default Re: 3D Printing

Enough of the babble now, and lets get back on track.
    I have people to do and places to see.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Matu, Matu, Matu.

What warrented the crap ass comment and links...?
    If you did your homework on the items in the links you would see they are toys for airsoft and not real firearm related goods.
    It seems the look cool factor clouded your judgement or else got you all randy and you didn't see clearly what you want.

Rather start your own thread of desires for the items you want.

What was printed for the OP has nothing to do with any FA related items for a point of reference, a confidential relationship is key when I do anything for anyone whether it is paid or not and whatever it may relate to.

The printing I do is as a hobby, for my own prototyping and occasional samples or usable products.
    I actually don't do it commercially and really select for who and what I do, if I had a SLS printer for metal 3d printing then it would be a totally different story.

Unfortunately the part of me selling my body for money to buy the printer isn't working out, I need to pay in each time as they want a younger more streamlined version...

If the OP so wishes and feels like it, they can post what was printed when the parcel is received.
    Just a point of interest, your website is actually just a central hub to source various items from.
    The products are routed to a supplier or manufacturer base and the relevant quotes generated.

There is no personal interaction,no contact details, no physical address etc.
    Unless I missed it then you can PM that I am wrong and point it out where on the page.

Tell me what you need, I can see if it's available.
    I'm different as I'll give you my email address, contact number, product and contract references and even meet up anywhere in the country if a meeting is warrented.
    hey Fire-Stick, not sure i follow you nor your comments, think you just having a bad day.
    It is not my website, I am not related to the website I mentioned, I mentioned i have no affiliation with the website, only helping guys out who wanna see the "cost" of 3d printing.
    What i had printed by other people is a chamber flag, mag holders for my safe and a glock pin block, not sure how my judgement is clouded or havent done my research?
    This is not your Thread, nor the OP opened it to mention you.
    You just happened to help the OP out, so why the hate?
    Maybe i misread Sweet's comment, or maybe it wasn't aimed at me...who knows.
    This is the order i read the chat:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    used the below guys like 2 times... no affiliation..cool thing you can see the price by uploading your design file

https://shap3d.co.za/product/3d-printing-instant-quote/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet
    Damn - the curiosity is killing me....What did you have printed?
    Anyways, good job on helping the OP out
    Have a good one
    Send me your details, should I need to print more bullshit which you dont agree with/hate on, I would rather support a gunsiter!

User

My sincere apologies Matu.

I really did get the wrong end of the stick and beat you with that same stick too...
    Not a bad day, I just saw it from the totally wrong side and commented too quickly it seems.

I know the first 3 items in the links, I have one or two better but haven't got round to printing them.
    There are a few useable items available.
    The next 3 I would cringe at trying in a FA.

My apologies once again.

User

My sincere apologies Matu.

I really did get the wrong end of the stick and beat you with that same stick too...
    Not a bad day, I just saw it from the totally wrong side and commented too quickly it seems.

I know the first 3 items in the links, I have one or two better but haven't got round to printing them.
    There are a few useable items available.
    The next 3 I would cringe at trying in a FA.

My apologies once again.
    Thanks for this and no worries!!!!
    I have jumped the gun a few times too!
    And definitely agreed with the last 3 items, yo, scary...

Have a good one and I meant what I said about sending me your details for future printing!

User

One day, to busy to read and you guys are all over

Dave helped me out with some non firearm parts.....although there is some fire in the mix... I.e a Pontiac Firebird

The thread was started because I wanted to support a fellow gunsiter.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

User

Greetings,

Has anyone 3D printed 12GA dummy rounds for training purposes?
    Basically, I want to use it for dual loading practice from my caddie into the magazine tube, not for dry firing, just loading.

My concerns are that they will jam up inside my magazine tube and not function correctly.

They will crack or break apart, leaving debris inside my magazine tube.

I see on thingiverse there's a few, but my knowledge about 3D printing is really very, very limited, about which filament would be best etc.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3494667/files

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3688363

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:486478

PS: The commercially available snap caps like AZOOM etc is not sized correctly for practising out of the caddie.

User

Instead of creating a new thread, let's keep this one going.

So I bought this 3D printed shotgun caddie (2nd hand). So I'm wondering if anyone can assist as to where I can get the STL file for this specific design, as it's simple because it just needs a few fasteners.

And then to my previous post, has anyone 3D printed 12GA dummy rounds for training purposes?

Basically, all I want to use it for dual loading practice from my caddie into the magazine tube, not for dry firing, just loading.

The concerns I have are that they will jam up inside my magazine tube and not function correctly, or they will crack or break apart, leaving debris inside my magazine tube.

I see on thingiverse there's a few, but my knowledge about 3D printing is really very, very limited, about which filament would be best for what type of application.

Does anyone know where else "Gun Friendly" 3D printed parts or accessories (files) can be found on the interwebs ?

The 3D printed magazine flare well for my S&W 15-22 works great, even without any fasteners and also the match saver, with sticky velcro.

Please see the pictures below for the specific shotgun caddie.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

I normally start my search for anything 3d printed on Google and search for names of item stl so for example shotgun quad loader stl and that generally brings up a bunch of sites you can then explore. I use Google because sometimes the site search is really bad.

Most common ones I've used are:
    -Thingy verse
    -Cults3d
    -Prusa Printables

Aggregators (just realist ones on the above sites mostly)
    -Yeggi
    -Stl finder

I've been working on a practice shotgun shell, it's basically a 3d printed body with the base from a real shotgun shell that has been glued with 5 min epoxy. Will test and let you know how it works.

I've printed everything in PLA and have not had any issues. Even my foregrip for my 15-22 is printed in PLA and works like a bomb.

How this info helps.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

User

Printed a side saddle for my shottie. Seems to be holding up fine

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast