Done

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Support Trophy hunting in Africa

Gave it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Done.
    Just a thought for those undecided on this issue.

I speak from having been involved as a PH in the industry for a number of years.

Trophy hunting as such is fine unless it is done with the over riding ambition of getting into the record books to the exclusion of the principles of fair chase.
    The breeding of exotic and trophy animals is bullshit,as in,...come to my farm and shoot 'Jeremy' our Kudu bull which we hand reared and fed a special diet and got his horns to grow to 67 inches....we darted and measured him last week.

That being said,hunting is big business,animals have value and as such there are arguably more game animals in South Africa now than there were 50 years ago.

The rest of Africa...ban trophy hunting and the animals are wiped out by poaching and lack of conservation programs by incompetent,corrupt goverments.

No matter how you look at it or what your standpoint is on hunting,ban hunting and animals lose their value [tourism such as game viewing cannot make up the loss of income generated by hunting] and will disappear.

User

Done.

User

Done

User

Done.

I do support trophy hunting 100%.

But my 2c observation(and own personal opinion): as a hunter, I can't help but feel that so many game farms (and it seems to be more and more every year) closes itself to local biltong hunters and caters exclusively to foreign hunters which means that the opportunities for local hunters shrinks and becomes very expensive(due to trophy hunting pushing up prices).

This year I had the opportunity to hunt on such farm that decided to accept local hunters just because of the closed borders. All male animal were just too expensive to hunt because of the huge amount of profit available to the outfitter from foreign hunters.

Some farms that caters for local hunters actually started to rent out their camps to outfitters for accommodation which means if you want to hunt there, you can only do day hunts.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Done

User

Done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast