Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool I finally got my goat farm.

Captain Gannon : Frank won't be coming into work today Joe.
    Friday : 24 hour virus?
    Captain Gannon : Or tomorrow.
    Friday : 48 hour?
    Captain Gannon : Frank quit, moved to Ukiah, bought a goat farm...

Dragnet,1987
    This was my last week. Turned in my shit, got my LEOSA creds issued, looking at doing something else for a living. I might put in with the one of the Sheriff's Office as a Reserve Deputy to play policeman on the weekends and work off duties. Not sure yet. Mrs. Miami_JBT is 100% supportive as is my Father.

We're making an exit plan to escape Tallahassee in the near future since she hates it here. In the mean time I'm going to get a OPS job with the State or FSU doing nothing of grand importance and just relaxing that the politics, stress, and bullshit is behind me.

Now that I'm out. I can officially get my Insurance Agent's and Adjuster's licenses since I was barred by the State of Florida for doing that since I was a sworn agent for the State and they have a bunch of regulatory rules barring LE from getting it since the state the issuing authority, blah, blah, blah. The State claims it would be a conflict of interest for me to hold such certifications and be a sworn state employee.

Got some business ideas along with some 9am-5pm job ideas lined up.

In the end my friends... it is scary as fuck and exciting too. But honestly, I think it is for the best.

So now instead of a Gen 4 G17 as my daily carry during work. It'll be my S&W Model 342Ti in .38 Special with a spare speed strip.

For those that have no clue. LEOSA stands for the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act. It is the Federal Law that allows qualified active and retired police to conceal carry nationwide in the US.

For those that have no clue what Section 943 of the FL Statutes is. It is what define who is and isn't a cop. Specifically 943.10(1) says who is a cop.

(1) "Law enforcement officer" means any person who is elected, appointed, or employed full time by any municipality or the state or any political subdivision thereof; who is vested with authority to bear arms and make arrests; and whose primary responsibility is the prevention and detection of crime or the enforcement of the penal, criminal, traffic, or highway laws of the state. This definition includes all certified supervisory and command personnel whose duties include, in whole or in part, the supervision, training, guidance, and management responsibilities of full-time law enforcement officers, part-time law enforcement officers, or auxiliary law enforcement officers but does not include support personnel employed by the employing agency.
    And because of that.

790.052(c) says that they qualify under LEOSA.

(c) All persons who held an active certification from the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission as a law enforcement officer or correctional officer as defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (6), (7), (8), or (9), while working for an employing agency, as defined in s. 943.10(4), but have separated from service under the conditions set forth in 18 U.S.C. s. 926C(c), meet the definition of "qualified retired law enforcement officer."
    Hence why I get my LEOSA cred. I met the requirements.

Which I'm actually lucky in getting since nothing in statue states the agency must give me one. It is their discretion. FL recently had a lawsuit with Neptune Beach PD (area around Jacksonville) was sued by a separated/retired officer demanding LEOSA ID. The PD said no and the courts agreed with the PD. It is fully up to the discretion of the agency on who gets what.

But I now have a lifetime nationwide carry permit.
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Default Re: I finally got my goat farm.

Very interesting. I hope it works out for you.

Honestly, given the crap being pulled by the BLM/Antifa Rage Mobs, I don't think living in the big cities in the US is a good idea. At least you live in a purple state with a GOP Governor who supports self defence and law & order.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Very interesting. I hope it works out for you.

Honestly, given the crap being pulled by the BLM/Antifa Rage Mobs, I don't think living in the big cities in the US is a good idea. At least you live in a purple state with a GOP Governor who supports self defence and law & order.
    Well, Miami is actually peaceful. But I currently live in Tallahassee and that might burn this weekend.

Leon County Grand Jury makes decision in officer-involved shootings

TPD Officers Cleared in Recent Shootings

Leon County grand jury finds use of force was justified in 3 deadly officer-involved shootings

Yup, TPD officers were no billed in three different shootings. The NAACP, BLM, and others aren't happy. The Sheriff's Office requested a Curfew to be enacted before the results were to be released.

Leon County institutes nightly curfew beginning Wednesday at request of law enforcement

Sheriff McNeil: Curfew Tied to Grand Jury Deliberations

We already had the BLM confrontation this past weekend at the Capitol when a Trump supporter decided to enter their scheduled event and argue with the crowd. Which resulted in BLM ganging up on him and he had to draw his CCW piece.

3:14 Video from Historic Capitol shows the moment a man pulled a gun on protesters Saturday

BLM wasn't happy because they didn't charge the guy.

Tallahassee police: No charges after fistfight, gun pulled during Black Lives Matter protest

Oh well, not my problem....
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Luis, Congrats to great career as a Peace Officer and an End of Watch that sees you going home, alive and well to a happy and relieved woman. A Cuba Libre and a Davidoff cigar in celebration would be appropriate.

User

Congrats on moving on; you are not the only one leaving urban LE. Of the 7 LE friends that I have 4 have left in the last 3 months. All of them had 10-20 years of service. They took new LE jobs not in urban areas.

The local gov't in Austin cut their police departments budget last month by 34%. This is an metro area of 1.2 million.

They told me there was no future for promotion or advancement when the city gov't leaders openly hate the police.

Congrats with the decision, the next move will be fun and I wish you all success.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Hamba gahle, Luis. Onward and upward.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Miami_JBT if you are positive and you put as much effort in your new career path as the last one you will succeed beyond any doubt.
    Now how about a new handle ie.. goatfarmer,etc..

User

All the best, looking forward to your future posts here.

User

All the best in your future endevours

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast