Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: (Spartan Arms International) SAI MK2, any owners with feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungie View Post
    They told me that the barrel is made by Truvelo?
    Yip.

User

Hi Guys

Any more updates/reviews on these rifles....

User

Very happy with mine so far, trigger is very heavy but crisp, shoots tight groups at 100m. Cant beat it for the price.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

We have 2, a 16" and a 10" both chambered in .223 Wilde.

We have unfortunately not had the time to properly run them in. Both have <100 rounds through them.

Biggest issue we had was reloads with the Frontier 55gr that did not allow them to go into battery. The ammo gauged correctly, and this exact load ran perfectly in our Norries.
    Went to Spartan and spoke to Demis. He advised using a bullet with a flatter ogive like the Hornadys.
    Swapped the bullets out and hey presto they work. Both AR's run factory ammo perfectly with zero issues.

I can't really give proper feedback as we have spent most of the time trying to make them run on reloads.

Build quality is great on the machined parts.
    I have however found issues with both of the stocks used. One is unbranded, that keeps coming apart.
    The other is a Daniel Defense butt-stock that will not allow any QD clip to seat correctly.

I just need to find the time to take them there and have their guys look at them, and have zero doubts that they will fix the issues.

My overall experience is that all of the staff at Spartan are professional and will give you the correct advice, in addition they will go out of their way to make things possible.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    We have 2, a 16" and a 10" both chambered in .223 Wilde.

We have unfortunately not had the time to properly run them in. Both have <100 rounds through them.

Biggest issue we had was reloads with the Frontier 55gr that did not allow them to go into battery. The ammo gauged correctly, and this exact load ran perfectly in our Norries.
    Went to Spartan and spoke to Demis. He advised using a bullet with a flatter ogive like the Hornadys.
    Swapped the bullets out and hey presto they work. Both AR's run factory ammo perfectly with zero issues.

I can't really give proper feedback as we have spent most of the time trying to make them run on reloads.

Build quality is great on the machined parts.
    I have however found issues with both of the stocks used. One is unbranded, that keeps coming apart.
    The other is a Daniel Defense butt-stock that will not allow any QD clip to seat correctly.

I just need to find the time to take them there and have their guys look at them, and have zero doubts that they will fix the issues.

My overall experience is that all of the staff at Spartan are professional and will give you the correct advice, in addition they will go out of their way to make things possible.
    Good feedback. Seems i will settle on a SAI 2.0 once my comp is approved

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Just go mine last week, it's the 16inch model, it was shipped down to Cape Town. Felt a little gritty out of the box, gave it a good clean and headed to the range to sight in my red dot.

40 rounds later it's running smooth and eating the Winchester whitebox ammo without issue.

The only thing to note is that my upper and lower has a tiny amount of play between the two but that does not affect the accuracy. I was advised that this can be overcome with a rubber washer between the two.

Will report back after the next 3gun / Sadpa multi gun.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The promised update after my first range day.

I went and shot a 3 Gun competition 2 weekends ago with no major issues, I put through another 70 (personal reloads using silver rapids polymer coated 223, CFE223) rounds through the rifle and it ate them all up.

There was a minor issue on my last shot on my last target, the brass did not want to eject but that was most likely to do with my reloaded brass than the rifle. Struck the butt while pulling the charging handle and the brass came right out.

Did not notice any movement between the upper and lower as mentioned previously, didn't affect target accuracy.

Overall I'm super happy with my purchase, it's doing exactly what I bought it for.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    The promised update after my first range day.

I went and shot a 3 Gun competition 2 weekends ago with no major issues, I put through another 70 (personal reloads using silver rapids polymer coated 223, CFE223) rounds through the rifle and it ate them all up.

There was a minor issue on my last shot on my last target, the brass did not want to eject but that was most likely to do with my reloaded brass than the rifle. Struck the butt while pulling the charging handle and the brass came right out.

Did not notice any movement between the upper and lower as mentioned previously, didn't affect target accuracy.

Overall I'm super happy with my purchase, it's doing exactly what I bought it for.

Do you gauge all your ammo beforehand? That is very important especially a AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Do you gauge all your ammo beforehand? That is very important especially a AR.
    Yep, all ammo is gauged, fully resized and trimmed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    Yep, all ammo is gauged, fully resized and trimmed.

That one where you had to "mortar" your rifle, sounds like mine if the case shoulder wasn't bumped far enough. It nearly gauged correct - nearly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast