Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus TH9

User

Default Taurus TH9

Hi, i am thinking of buying a Taurus TH9 .... does anyone own or handled this firearm or the PT809. I currently own a Tanfoglio P45 Combat which has never given 1 day of trouble, but I would like to hone my skills once again for competition shooting and i feel the TH9 is a cheap firearm suitable for this. I will eventually change later.
    I know there are many Taurus haters out there (for whatever reason .... but i realised most of them are "i heard that" people). I would like some useful feed back regarding this firearm, its accuracy and ease of use.

User

Default Re: Taurus TH9

How does it feel in your hand?

User

I heard that it's a piece of shit

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

User

It's like any other product you buy, people will tell you to consider the aftermarket support, or lack of it,and it is this that colors people's perception of any brand. *hint*

User

Hi, it feels nice in my hand and that is why i am drawn to it .... like i said, it is a firearm i am considering to lets say reacquaint myself .... something new. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the firearm which is good ..... various insights

User

Brad

My brother in law owns the PT809 and has had it for about 4.5 years now.

He only has the 2 mags that came with the gun and one of them is faulty.

He is struggling to find mags in Cape Town and the dealer he bought the gun from doesn't have.

I've shot it a few times and I guess it's okay but that's just it - it was just okay (I didn't like the trigger tbh)

If it breaks and he is in need of parts I think he will struggle to find any.

Have you considered other brands like CZ, Glock or S&W?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    Hi, it feels nice in my hand and that is why i am drawn to it .... like i said, it is a firearm i am considering to lets say reacquaint myself .... something new. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the firearm which is good ..... various insights
    But thats the thing, facts and opinions dont go hand in hand.... you are entitled to your opinion but its a fact that its not a good gun, especially in Sunny South Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have considered the other brands and they are not out of the running ... i must also mention that i don't like striker fired firearms ... lets blame the SAPS training for that .. lol.
    To be honest, i have read many article and seen many video regarding previous problems with Taurus as a brand and also many that praise Taurus and there new lineup.
    As for the PT809 mag problem ask your brother to see if he can get TH9 mags and change base/shoe with PT809 one and mag should fit ...... see a guy do it on youtube

User

Link to youtube video

User

I owned an 809 and when a decent agent still had Taurus. It looked cool... And it broke, but it looked cool. Oh and the spare mags marked as PT809 didn't fit.

But it looked cool.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast