Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus TH9

Default Re: Taurus TH9

I think you just want something different, which is OK. Just know the risk you are taking: parts WILL become a problem (soon, if you use the gun a lot like for competition). And if you intend to be able to use it for self-defence, I want to ask you this: is the R2000 you save now (cheaper than Glock or CZ) worth more than you or your family's life? You need to be sure its going to work when it matters

There are often specials on both glock and CZ, or just pick one up secondhand. I wouldn't consider anything else for SD

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

User

I don't know of one Taurus pistol shot by a good or regular competition shooter aside from Beretta 92 derived models , made on Beretta machining.

That might be a hint.

If you shoot a gun regularly you are going to need to replace springs and extractors and mags at some point. If you can't the lifespan of your gun is very short.

Order the spare parts now from the dealers who "can totally get them its no problem" and have them in your hands before you buy one.

Or buy a Glock or a CZ and have the parts with next day shipping

User

Hi snakker, yes it is something different and i think what intrigues me is the various opinions i get and the fact that no one in SA thinks its a good gun. I have a Tanfoglio P45 Combat for self-defense so that's not an issue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    Brad

My brother in law owns the PT809 and has had it for about 4.5 years now.

He only has the 2 mags that came with the gun and one of them is faulty.

He is struggling to find mags in Cape Town and the dealer he bought the gun from doesn't have.

I've shot it a few times and I guess it's okay but that's just it - it was just okay (I didn't like the trigger tbh)

If it breaks and he is in need of parts I think he will struggle to find any.

Have you considered other brands like CZ, Glock or S&W?
    You have a PM

User

How do i get or setup 1

User

Found PM .... so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    Hi snakker, yes it is something different and i think what intrigues me is the various opinions i get and the fact that no one in SA thinks its a good gun. I have a Tanfoglio P45 Combat for self-defense so that's not an issue.
    If you want something a bit more left field then maybe look at a Beretta APX. If I could justify it I would get one of those myself. There is also the PX4 with its rotating barrel. Either are likely far more reliable and durable than Taurus. Plus if something happens to your primary you could actually depend on them. The difference in price is not much more than a bit of grocery shopping.

User

At this point in time i am not interested in striker fire ..... will later change my sec13 to sec16 and then buy px4 storm compact for SD

User

At this point in time i am not interested in striker fire ..... will later change my sec13 to sec16 and then buy px4 storm compact for SD

How easy is it to change sections? Last I heard..............not so easy

Sounds like you've got your mind made up on the Taurus, so just buy it

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast