Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DEFON Tactical legit or not?

Anybody bought from these guys?

https://www.defcon.co.za/

No address. Couple phone numbers and e-mail address only.

I'm in the market for a shoulder and ankle holster at an affordable price and they seem to be the only place that has both.

User

Default Re: DEFON Tactical legit or not?

I don't know the seller. But why do you want a shoulder holster?

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    I don't know the seller. But why do you want a shoulder holster?

Same reason I want an ankle holster. Do you perhaps have a reason why I shouldnt want a should holster?

User

Quote Originally Posted by profa View Post
    Same reason I want an ankle holster. Do you perhaps have a reason why I shouldnt want a should holster?
    Shoulder holsters just aren't as practical and require a jacket or similar garment to conceal. Drawing without flagging yourself or others is also not easy. I do get the 80's cop show appeal, though.

Shoulder holsters just aren't as practical and require a jacket or similar garment to conceal. Drawing without flagging yourself or others is also not easy. I do get the 80's cop show appeal, though.

Really appreciate the advice. My problem is, my 9mm is just not comfortable attached to my belt (IWB). It is also quite heavy so cannot be worn without a tight fitting belt or my pants will fall down (like when I want to wear tracksuit pants). For days when a jacket or jersey top isnt available or practical to conceal it due to the heat, I will just make sure to wear long pants and the 7.65mm in the ankle holster.

User

What pistol is your 9mm and what current Iwb holster do you have?

What pistol is your 9mm and what current Iwb holster do you have?

Norinco NZ75 (uses same mag as the CZ75). Basically an all metal weapon unlike the Glock types. Have a normal generic IWB holster I bought for about R300 from the nearest gun store. Made of fabric (not leather) and has a metal clasp thingy to attach to the pants/belt.

User

I would suggest getting a good kydex or leather Iwb holster, before going the shoulder holster route. Since your pistol is not a popular one, you are not likely to find a holster off the shelf. Those nylon fits-all-guns holsters arent good in my opinion. I think if you can talk to someone who makes kydex holsters you'll be able to have one made for the gun. There are a few good kydex holster manufacturers in Cape Town and Gauteng. In terms of leather, my knowledge is limited. I personally carry appendix Iwb (AIWB) in a kydex AIWB-specific holster and it's the most comfortable way that I've carried a gun. But I know that appendix carry is not for everyone.

I would suggest getting a good kydex or leather Iwb holster, before going the shoulder holster route. Since your pistol is not a popular one, you are not likely to find a holster off the shelf. Those nylon fits-all-guns holsters arent good in my opinion. I think if you can talk to someone who makes kydex holsters you'll be able to have one made for the gun. There are a few good kydex holster manufacturers in Cape Town and Gauteng. In terms of leather, my knowledge is limited. I personally carry appendix Iwb (AIWB) in a kydex AIWB-specific holster and it's the most comfortable way that I've carried a gun. But I know that appendix carry is not for everyone.

Really appreciate the advice. Will try what you suggested and see if I can get a Kydex IWB holster for my weapon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast