Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: If you could only pick one

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    Never done 3 Gun or DMG before. At what sort of distance do you typically engage the rifle targets? And did you put a RDS on your Roni?

I do have a second handgun and I see there's a Roni for the APX. Wasn't sure if the handgun + Roni combo was accurate enough for PCC shoots. Might be an option while I wait for the SLR license to be approved.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Most targets in DMG and 3Gun I've shot are closer than 40 m, a lot of up close stuff which is where the low recoil of a delayed action pistol cal with a stock really shines. You can also shoot more handgun like matches with a PCC in which case even closer.

The longest we shot at my local club was I believe 70m. I had not sighted in my RDS beyond 20m and had to walk the shots in, but that was one array of three hanging steel plates on one stage so hardly representative.

One thing to keep in mind is your zero will shift if you remove and reinstall the gun. This hasn't been an issue for me at most shoots yet

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post

The longest we shot at my local club was I believe 70m. I had not sighted in my RDS beyond 20m and had to walk the shots in
    Pretty impressive for a pistol with a stabiliser if you managed to hit a steel plate at 70m.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe getting a Micro Roni + a dedicated PCC isn't a bad idea at all.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

I currently have a 223 AR15. I was lucky enough to have received a bit of ammo with the first semi auto rifle (LM5)I bought and if it wasn't for that, I would've gone for a 9mm carbine.
    I also had a FN FAL for a while, but those are rather expensive to feed.

That being said, if you plan on shooting IPSC rifle matches, then the 223 is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5