Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: If you could only pick one

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I'm still quite a fan of a Glock in a Micro-Roni as a PCC substitute.

Sure its not quite the same thing and is a bit limited in accuracy but I've found it to be good enough for the 3GN and DMG I've shot so far, and means another backup handgun
    What Glocks have you tried in the Roni, any that perform better than others?
    Going to get a G17 Gen 5 for the Roni while EDCing my G19.

User

I've got a AR and a M&P15-22. If I have to buy again/next it will be a PCC. To reload 223 is very time consuming and expensive. .22 ammo now goes for about R2 a shot where it is a bit cheaper and a lot easier to load 9mmP.

If money no object HK MP5 semi auto version. Next Colt AR 9mm, the one gun I really regret not getting. The CZ is likely every bit as good but to me it feels cheap. Stribog A3 looks interesting.The AR just has the cool factor though and 9mm is so cheap to reload with cases lasting a long long time. With a 223 AR it is not really that much more difficult to reload in volume but definitely more expensive. The trick is to buy bullets in volume and then later when you reload you have forgotten the cost. S321 is cheap and primers are the same.

User

CX4. Magazinine compatability. Ambidextrous.

Kriek

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    With a 223 AR it is not really that much more difficult to reload in volume but definitely more expensive. The trick is to buy bullets in volume and then later when you reload you have forgotten the cost. S321 is cheap and primers are the same.
    I don't fully agree on the reloading effort part. Fof me: I sort, wash, lube, decap/resize, trim and debur, wash the lube off, then I can dump them in the casefeeder and complete the loading and I gauge all my 223 ammo. For the 9mm I just wash my cases and then they go into the case feeder.
    The last batch of 223 bullets I got was at R1 each and I took all I could get. Sometimes SR primers are a bit cheaper than SP primers.

User

7,62 x 39 Chinese mill surp goes for around R5 a bang, and dont even have to pick the brass up because its not re-loadable, just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I don't fully agree on the reloading effort part. Fof me: I sort, wash, lube, decap/resize, trim and debur, wash the lube off, then I can dump them in the casefeeder and complete the loading and I gauge all my 223 ammo. For the 9mm I just wash my cases and then they go into the case feeder.
    The last batch of 223 bullets I got was at R1 each and I took all I could get. Sometimes SR primers are a bit cheaper than SP primers.
    You are more meticulous than me. Mine get tumbled, lubed and straight in the case feeder. Using a Redding Competition bushing die, cases seem to not need trimming. I also run start loads for a bit more leeway. Not cleaning lube can cause occasional powder gum up but have a powder check on the 650. Fully admit that your method is more correct and that mine may bite me someday. The 9mm has a huge advantage in this regard.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    7,62 x 39 Chinese mill surp goes for around R5 a bang, and dont even have to pick the brass up because its not re-loadable, just saying....
    R5 versus R2 is a big difference if you throw 2/300 rounds downrange every weekend.
    I have gone the glock and roni route with red dot..its fun, it works most of the time..emphasis on most.
    Just spent R900 on spare things to rack it because they fail.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post

The powder is alot more expensive. There is 15.4grains in a gram. Lets say 16.
    On S121 you use for 147gr about 4grain of powder. So you will get roughly 2000 max out of a tin. But lets say 1900 to 2000.

With 223 your using S321. And +-25gr So +-1.75grams per shot. So roughly 280 to 290Max per tin.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    What Glocks have you tried in the Roni, any that perform better than others?
    Going to get a G17 Gen 5 for the Roni while EDCing my G19.
    I have an older model Roni that is frame size specific for a G17/G22 etc so I've only used my G17 in mine. When shooting DMG or 3 Gun I use a G19 or Shadow as a handgun

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast