Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: If you could only pick one

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    Never done 3 Gun or DMG before. At what sort of distance do you typically engage the rifle targets? And did you put a RDS on your Roni?

I do have a second handgun and I see there's a Roni for the APX. Wasn't sure if the handgun + Roni combo was accurate enough for PCC shoots. Might be an option while I wait for the SLR license to be approved.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Most targets in DMG and 3Gun I've shot are closer than 40 m, a lot of up close stuff which is where the low recoil of a delayed action pistol cal with a stock really shines. You can also shoot more handgun like matches with a PCC in which case even closer.

The longest we shot at my local club was I believe 70m. I had not sighted in my RDS beyond 20m and had to walk the shots in, but that was one array of three hanging steel plates on one stage so hardly representative.

One thing to keep in mind is your zero will shift if you remove and reinstall the gun. This hasn't been an issue for me at most shoots yet

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post

The longest we shot at my local club was I believe 70m. I had not sighted in my RDS beyond 20m and had to walk the shots in
    Pretty impressive for a pistol with a stabiliser if you managed to hit a steel plate at 70m.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe getting a Micro Roni + a dedicated PCC isn't a bad idea at all.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

I currently have a 223 AR15. I was lucky enough to have received a bit of ammo with the first semi auto rifle (LM5)I bought and if it wasn't for that, I would've gone for a 9mm carbine.
    I also had a FN FAL for a while, but those are rather expensive to feed.

That being said, if you plan on shooting IPSC rifle matches, then the 223 is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Not anymore
    CFR stopped this just before lockdown.
    Formalito, S&O etc etc had to change all the guns over to "SLR-Pistol Calibre Carbine"
    Couple guys still waiting for new paperwork before they can submit.
    Applies to all Scorpion models in SA ("pistol", "carbine" etc)

Can confirm. I had to wait to get it changed as Safari Outdoor only did it when we requested. So if someone here decides to buy one, first ask for papers to change it SLR-Pistol Calibre Carbine.

User

Getting back to the OP question. I went CZ Scorpion(Not rifle).

Expecting to receive the card from po po in the next 2 weeks. Rather I'm hopefull.

Reasons:

1. 223 getting expensive.
    2. Weight compared to the 223.
    3. Come on, the thing looks bad ass(1,2,3 - Not once did I mention performance yet)
    4. Has a good reputation from all the videos on Youtube.
    5. Did I mention it looks bad ass

User

Previous saturday I shot a Ipsc rifle match, I decided to use my iron sighted 223. Man was that fun, I even surprised myself. We had to engage steel at about 70 m, it was a bit "mogge troffe" because they were standing in the shade. The one guy in our squad used his PCC and the plates wouldn't have been a problem if he knew where his gun shoots at that range. If I can hit them with iron sights he should be able to do it with a dot. But now my arse is itching badly because I bought myself a Christmas present in the form of a 16" PCC. Now it is the wait for cfr to do their job, speedily please. LoL I still think a PCC is the one to go in this day and age: you can shoot rifle , handgun and steel challenge matches and its cheaper, easier to load, less noisy, follow up shots is faster, the holes are easy to see and I think with a bit of practice 100m targets are doable. The time of cheap 223 reloading components are long gone.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Vaal, exactly why I bought a Ruger PC Carbine. (Still waiting on CFR though). With the really stable and rugged build of the Ruger and the longish barrel for a PCC I really believe 100 m shots should be possible after a while when the trajectory are ingrained in your mind. I have a Bushnell AR Optics scope that I plan on using on the Ruger. Should be able to get it figured out for the 9 mm. Once I have this license it will take over from my Glock+Roni as PCC weapon, but for me I doubt it will ever take over from my AR in .223 That is for me. For a person with only 1 firearm to do both jobs, if I could only pick one the Ruger might be it. Lets hope after a few more months of waiting I can supply a better opinion.

User

User

PCC is the way to go, can shoot without the bank manager knocking on your door. The scorpion is an awesome platform and lots of fun . If on a budget the pc9 is very capable, may look fugly to some but it is ready to take whatever you may want to add to it (RDS, silencer, bipod )

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast