Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: SAPS Wierdabrug - Refusing to process application within timeframe

I was in the same boat as you and coincidentally at the same DFO. Also got appointment only after the 90 days, which in my case I demanded that the DFO complete the section where you have to motivate/explain why the application was handed in after 90 days. In my case the application went through and was subsequently approved.
    Same DFO also refused to accept the same application which I tried to renew 5 months before expiry (said it was to early) - which indicates to me that she did not understand the law in the slightest.

User

Sgt Chauke (sp?), she has a bit of a limited understanding....told me I should renew my competency with my S13 licence when it expires next year....then I showed her a S16 that expires 2028, she still insisted my competency will expire 2021...

The problem is that you don't want to make the guys at saps too irritated. Otherwise they might help you and then delay sending your info off or sabotage your application. You never know what goes on and suddenly your application goes missing or eaten by the dog or something

User

Had a lekker fight with the guy now.
    He insists he will not deny you to do application if your licence has not expired, confirming that people hand it in a week before expiry.
    He reckons the 90 day is purely so you do it in time to get the new licence before the current one expires.
    Quite the arrogant one, he even says he helped draft the regulations which I do not believe one bit.
    Have it all on audio recording so good to go if I run into issues.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Maranda. Fuckit Wierdabrug is the bane of my life when it comes to guns stuff.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Maranda. Fuckit Wierdabrug is the bane of my life when it comes to guns stuff.
    Dealing with the SAPS in general is a massive headache. I don't think anybody really knows what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Dealing with the SAPS in general is a massive headache. I don't think anybody really knows what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, and if you want to experience true power argue with a low level bureaucrat
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Insist on speaking to the Station Commander. This is Col Paulus's (spelling?) standard response to any matters concerning DFOs in SAPS Gauteng province. Join GOSA, if not already a member, and report the DFO's ignorance and attitude to them.

Peter

Careful before you go the route of upsetting your DFO. And trying to make his life difficult with the station commander.

The DFO has an impact on your application.

Look at Page 11 of the SAPS 271 for example bottom. There is a part where the DFO has to say if he recommends you or do not recommend you. So if you try to make his life difficult. What do you think he will tick?

Page 5 of 6 of SAPS 518a. Renewal of license has exact same recommendation by DFO.

So take it easy when trying to point him in different direction.

But if he says your fine coming then. Its possibly correct. As with Amnesty and Covid Lockdowns. There is a huge backlog in applications.

I today walked in by a dealer in Western Cape. While the local DFO was there doing a safe inspection. And we had a long chat about licenses.

He said he has some now at 200 Working days. And that in last week of May their offices did +1000 applications under amnesty.

So this with the lockdown and add new applications in. Its going to be a looooooong ride to get a license.

User

They are utterly useless! I had the same issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2