Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Quantum Frustrations

I would like to document my frustrations with Quantum Carry, so that things can maybe improve and that others can be well prepared when they purchase from QC. I placed an order at the end of November during the black Friday specials. The website listed a long lead time but I was ok with that considering the discount. When I ordered the lead time was apparently 8-12 weeks and then when I checked the website the lead time was 8 weeks - I may have missed for forgotten about the "up to 12 weeks" but my order did not indicate 12 weeks and as I said the website was saying 8 weeks when I checked. I queried the order status and after the 3rd email I finally got a response at around the 10 week mark. I received my goods on 21 February, almost 12 weeks to the day. I started to get worried I was jumped when I didn't hear back. This was frustrating experience, not having accurate information to work from - Not getting any replies on emails and not having a phone number to call all added to the frustration.

That said, I was happy to put the experience behind me once I received my holster and mag carrier because the quality of this product (holster) is beyond reproach. I cannot stress enough what an amazing holster this is. I went from having a painful annoying difficult to conceal EDC to exactly the opposite. Honestly this holster changed EDC for me. EDC used to be a chore, a pain you suffered as a gun owner - it's now far far more palatable. I now EDC everywhere, instead of putting the gun in the safe when didn't think it was "necessary" to carry. This holster (and holsters like it) will literally save lives.

I however still had a small issue, the mag carrier did not fit my G43x mags. I could not get them to fit in any orientation and ended up gouging marks into both mags - it's just a mag right, they're meant to get scuffed and work hard so no biggie. I contacted Matt about this, again a few weeks delay in email replies. Matthew thinks I was accidentally shipped a mag carrier for G43 instead of the G43x which has a slightly fatter mag. Matthew had no problem replacing it and apologized, unfortunately this was just as lockdown hit us for the first time and Matthew was unable to get the replacement shipped and again I was happy to wait. I contacted Matthew at the end of May again, no reply. I followed up middle of August and got a reply a few days later indicating he would ship the replacement "tomorrow". It's 14 September and I have not got my mag carrier or heard from Matthew since 18 August, having followed up a week ago.

What is the purpose of this post? Two things, I hope this gets Matthew's attention. I hope he reads understands that his customer service is letting his brand down. Matthew makes an amazing product, I highly recommend it. I recommend this holster to everyone I speak to, but I also warn them of the wait and lack of response - I still encourage them to order, but recommend they take some serious patience pills and just trust they will eventually get an amazing product.

Secondly, I in no way want to discourage people from purchasing from Quantum Carry, the products are just too good to avoid. I do however hope that future Quantum Carry customers read this and know what they are getting into, that they understand that the process can take some time and feedback may be patchy but that it will be worth it.

User

Default Re: Quantum Frustrations

I don't think Matt is on here?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

User

I also bough a holster from Quantum a while ago. Waited a long time and did not receive any feedback whatsoever on mails watsapps etc. Looks like its part of his way of doing business.
    Holster is pretty cool tho and unfortunately my wife also wants one from him, so soon I would have to go through this again.

User

Would he more than likely be running QC as a side hustle whilst working a full time job? There is demand for his product as they really are world class, I just don't see why he wouldn't keep a floating stock of popular holsters

User

My experience was also that communication is not a priority for him and that is a big thing for me. I carry in a Quantum holster, but looking elseware for my next or buying indirectly from Jizni.

User

I have several of his products.
    Not sure if I'm lucky but I call, he answers and generally I have what I want within days.
    Maybe its the calling that works ?

User

What time of day did you generally call him?

If that is the way he prefers to work then it is fine, but if he can handle the phone calls he shopuld be able to handle the orders on his website and his emails?

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Would he more than likely be running QC as a side hustle whilst working a full time job? There is demand for his product as they really are world class, I just don't see why he wouldn't keep a floating stock of popular holsters
    Nope

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Nope
    Yeah then I don't get it as there is very clearly a market for his goods
    I have only ever had positive experiences with him

I still have the OG chameleon holster, the actual prototype to whats on the shelf now. He sorted me with that because I was desperate for a AIWB and he hadn't started full production yet. In fact I was meant to ship it back to him and get a new one when he started sales. But I was so happy that I kept the proto

I mean where else does someone say here, use this until we get up and running and then I'll give you a new one?

I will buy from him again, albeit expecting the above mentioned wait

User

Matthew isn't on the forum, try sending him a message and wording it in a constructive manner! Communication is definitely his weak point, whenever it is Black Friday he seems to get swamped and orders take a few months as he is a one man operation and the communication issues seem to repeatedly crop up, seems to be an unavoidable downside of doing business with him, albeit I concur he makes top notch products and is constantly innovating!

Have you tried WhatsApping or calling him? I recently purchased a new holster from him and was in contact with him frequently via WhatsApp! When I collected my new holster he discovered two cracks in my then current holster (due to a design flaw in the location of the claw) and he replaced that holster for free with the new design! Both times the lead times were two weeks, so if you're prepared to forego the Black Friday discount the above issues shouldn't be an issue at all, not ideal but..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast