Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Long wait for competency

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole firearms system collapses under the pressure. 2 years from competency application to firearm in hand? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - its hard to keep up... cards being issued... no cards being issued... what a balls up...

Finally! After zero communication from 27 July 2020 I got my SLR competency approved SMS yesterday! Unfortunately its taken so long I wont be able to license the .22LR Ruger American I bought for my son as we are leaving for the US later this year...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pants on Fire View Post
    Finally! After zero communication from 27 July 2020 I got my SLR competency approved SMS yesterday! Unfortunately its taken so long I wont be able to license the .22LR Ruger American I bought for my son as we are leaving for the US later this year...
    Sorry to hear that! The crazy long wait times swings everyone for a loop. From SLR competency to now, my application has so far taken 2 years and 6 months. 4% of the average South African males life expectancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Sorry to hear that! The crazy long wait times swings everyone for a loop. From SLR competency to now, my application has so far taken 2 years and 6 months. 4% of the average South African males life expectancy.
    Yup... 4% of your life expectancy is not a metric one should be using to measure something seemingly simple as this... I am convinced that the go slow on competency / licensing is quite deliberate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pants on Fire View Post
    Yup... 4% of your life expectancy is not a metric one should be using to measure something seemingly simple as this... I am convinced that the go slow on competency / licensing is quite deliberate.
    Of course it is. Why would you want armed resistance if you were a corrupt government?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2