Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Knife fighting training

Knife fighting..... the romance is strong in this one...

User

Ahhhh knife fighting, where one guy bleeds and the other one bleeds more.

Good trainers for knife fighting would be Nike or Reebok’s.

If you really, really want to go down that road speak to Arno at Kembativ Concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Ahhhh knife fighting, where one guy bleeds and the other one bleeds more.
    Good trainers for knife fighting would be Nike or Reebok’s.
    Yup, the first rule of knife fighting is.........RUN!

It doesn't matter how well trained you are, you WILL be cut, or much, much worse.

User

OK. So what if you can't run? Maybe you're cornered, have a bad knee, or have little kids with you... Maybe then having done a course will stand you in better stead that saying its all fantasy. This defeatist attitude is no different than the guys who say you only need 5 rounds cos if you need more than that you're in deep shit

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Guys think you don’t bleed in a gunfight.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    OK. So what if you can't run? Maybe you're cornered, have a bad knee, or have little kids with you... Maybe then having done a course will stand you in better stead that saying its all fantasy. This defeatist attitude is no different than the guys who say you only need 5 rounds cos if you need more than that you're in deep shit
    I can’t run, both knees fucked one replaced already and the next to be done soon.

Not a defeatist attitude at all just don’t have any illusions about the shitstorm a knife fight can and will be. Also take some time to re read my post and see that I have suggested training with Arno, as I have done a few times.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I can’t run, both knees fucked one replaced already and the next to be done soon.

Not a defeatist attitude at all just don’t have any illusions about the shitstorm a knife fight can and will be. Also take some time to re read my post and see that I have suggested training with Arno, as I have done a few times.

Wasn't aimed at you bud, was a comment at the general attitude I'm sure we've all come across many times. As KK says, any fight is a shit storm, regardless of the weapon

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Wasn't aimed at you bud, was a comment at the general attitude I'm sure we've all come across many times. As KK says, any fight is a shit storm, regardless of the weapon
    It’s been some time since GS was a forum with a focus on defensive use of firearms, knives and related items.
    Where we spoke about mindsets, fitness, ability to fight with your gun, knife, baton, OC, etc.

Now we argue about the validity of stats, big pharma, kicking out conspiracies from under every bush, and sometimes we talk about guns and knives.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    It’s been some time since GS was a forum with a focus on defensive use of firearms, knives and related items.
    Where we spoke about mindsets, fitness, ability to fight with your gun, knife, baton, OC, etc.

Now we argue about the validity of stats, big pharma, kicking out conspiracies from under every bush, and sometimes we talk about guns and knives.
    Well that’s an unrelated topic out of the blue. Is it such a big issue to you that the forum has a wide range of discussions, including ones that are not gun related? I remember BigC had similar gripes, yes the forum is still standing despite his rage quitting.

Oh ffs. It’s not unrelated, nor out of the blue. It was in response to P2W’s comment that it’s necessary to know these how to handle a knife and does not mean we romanticise knife fights.

No, it is not “such a big issue” to me. You may recall that back then we also discussed other topics, it wasn’t only defensive topics.

I do regret the worsening signal-to-noise ratio, and the fact that many knowledgeable members have decided to leave. When last have your seen Ross post? Or Thorkind? Or Roger from MRST? (Ican’t even recall his forum handle).
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast