User

Default S15 application - Supporting docs

I am in the process of getting my first S15 rifle (occasional hunting) application together. I am doing the motivation and application pack myself.

I have found conflicting information regarding the requirement to submit certain documents, including two invitations from farmers to hunt on their land and two letters from friends I've hunted with etc.

My problem is, I've only been hunting once with a friend on private land (not a commercial hunting farm).

I have signed up as a member of NHSA, as I noted some advice saying that their endorsement would negate the need for friend letters and invitations. But, on the NHSA motivation template, they also suggest adding these documents.

I have a legitimate need for the rifle and intend to use it for this purpose. I do not want to have the application rejected due to lack of supporting documents.

Anyone with a successful recent application that can shed some light on this please?

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Default Re: S15 application - Supporting docs

i had only ever hunted once in the past and i simply got a letter from the farmer to say i had hunted. Then I also joined a few organisations and my application was approved. You should be fine. It may help but it's not a requirement. Maybe find a farmer who is willing to give you a letter to say you can hunt on his farm in the future, even if you never actually do, again this isn't compulsory

User

Default Re: S15 application - Supporting docs

Your DFO should be able to tell you what documents you need to submit.