Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default CFR Agent States 150 Working Days New Normal

Good day Fellow Gunslingers!

I enquired about a client's S16 application being in excess of the stated new maximum 120 working days. To my astonishment, the agent stated that the new maximum length of time is 150 working days due to Covid19 and Amnesty backlogs, blah blah blah.

To compound the usual bungle ups, there is still no clear order to the finalization of applications. Two clients applied in March on the same day at the same DFO and one client applied in April. However, one client from March is approved and the one from April is also approved. The other client from March is still waiting.....

User

Default Re: CFR Agent States 150 Working Days New Normal

Well, they talk rubbish, because I have apps in that are way over 150 days.

it was 150 yesterday. today is 200

User

License the Person, register the firearm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    License the Person, register the firearm...
    And registration would take how long? 90, 150, 365 days, this year, next year, sometime, never?

Peter

Time to get GOSA involved

I collected a license last week exactly to the year after submitting it.

You cannot reasonably expect the COVID shutdowns not to have impacted the turnaround times.

The men and woman on the front lines of firearm licensing are working their *sses off.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    I collected a license last week exactly to the year after submitting it.

You cannot reasonably expect the COVID shutdowns not to have impacted the turnaround times.

The men and woman on the front lines of firearm licensing are working their *sses off.
    I hope your comment was tongue in cheek because if they always did their best to help and did not have an agenda, this excuse would be plausible but as things stand, its not good enough... Not even close.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    I hope your comment was tongue in cheek because if they always did their best to help and did not have an agenda, this excuse would be plausible but as things stand, its not good enough... Not even close.
    No. I am serious.

I've seen how hard the front liners work. They are not the problem. It's the higher-ups that cause bottlenecks by sheer incompetence, rampant chronyism and lack of any applicable skills set.

I was submitting licenses when the new Act came around. At the time, there was a Sergeant at the Sandton DFO. He had one desk, one chair, no shelves, no staff, one computer and one printer.

The computer was mostly offline, and the printer didn't always work.

He had license applications tied together in bales, stacked on each other all over the floor, and against the walls.

And he pulled through. He cleared the backlog.

My DFO is working late into the night clearing her backlog. She has no agenda, she is just doing the best she can.

I don't recall that the police commissioner, or any police brigadier working under the same conditions, then or now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    No. I am serious.

I've seen how hard the front liners work. They are not the problem. It's the higher-ups that cause bottlenecks by sheer incompetence, rampant chronyism and lack of any applicable skills set.

I was submitting licenses when the new Act came around. At the time, there was a Sergeant at the Sandton DFO. He had one desk, one chair, no shelves, no staff, one computer and one printer.

The computer was mostly offline, and the printer didn't always work.

He had license applications tied together in bales, stacked on each other all over the floor, and against the walls.

And he pulled through. He cleared the backlog.

My DFO is working late into the night clearing her backlog. She has no agenda, she is just doing the best she can.

I don't recall that the police commissioner, or any police brigadier working under the same conditions, then or now.
    I also have nothing but praise for my DFO's but the guys at the CFR, not so much. The DFO's are not always the problem, the CFR is however mostly to blame, especially in this discussion.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast