Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Needing some holster advice

Hey all

So my application is in licensing at the moment so I need to start looking for a holster soon.

My problem I'm facing is I'm not a thin oak. I have a boep that is getting bigger the more I diet and exercise and I have now come to accept that I have what some call a 'dad bod'.
    This in turn has lowered the amount of people I can chaff, but that's besides the point.

Appendix carry is out of the question, my belt buckle grating my stomach is irritation enough, I'd hate to imagine the cheese grater of a grip on the CZ P10C sitting besides it.

For the above reason I'm looking at carrying 4 o'clock but I have no idea what holster is most suitable and comfortable. I've been looking at an Army Ant General as it looks to be comfortable but I'm not sure.
    I've asked a few local shops but none seem interested in helping find a suitable holster so it would seem I'm stuck doing it the expensive route though trial and error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

User

Default Re: Needing some holster advice

I have a P10C. I'll share my holster journey with you.

A previously very active mod advised to start off carrying in a Comp-tac MTAC holster (I bought it from hailstorm). I carried 3 o'clock. Concealed well, reasonably comfortable for a newb carrier.

I also got a Daniels IWB. It's slim and uncomplicated. I carried with it at 3 o'clock for a bit, before moving to AIWB. This is also the go to holster when pistol is not attached to my belt (trigger guard).

I thought AIWB wasn't for me. But the black Friday promo at Quantum Carry a few years back made it worth a try. It was highly recommended and in hindsight was well worth the investment. Initially it was a challenge to get used to, but soon it became second nature, especially when you find the sweet spot of exactly where it "fits naturally".

Regarding the "cheese grater" grip (one of the features I love about the P10C) wear a vest, tuck it between boepie and cheese grater.

The holster journey is one you must take to find your best fit.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    I have a P10C. I'll share my holster journey with you.

A previously very active mod advised to start off carrying in a Comp-tac MTAC holster (I bought it from hailstorm). I carried 3 o'clock. Concealed well, reasonably comfortable for a newb carrier.

I also got a Daniels IWB. It's slim and uncomplicated. I carried with it at 3 o'clock for a bit, before moving to AIWB. This is also the go to holster when pistol is not attached to my belt (trigger guard).

I thought AIWB wasn't for me. But the black Friday promo at Quantum Carry a few years back made it worth a try. It was highly recommended and in hindsight was well worth the investment. Initially it was a challenge to get used to, but soon it became second nature, especially when you find the sweet spot of exactly where it "fits naturally".

Regarding the "cheese grater" grip (one of the features I love about the P10C) wear a vest, tuck it between boepie and cheese grater.

The holster journey is one you must take to find your best fit.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    I could not have asked for better advice.

Thanks, I really appreciate, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get both styles in 1 shot and carry them for a few days (once I get my FA of course) and work on carrying AIWB.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Banned

The trick with carrying is to fit the whole setup to your body. Keepleft mentioned the sweet spot - it is necessary to tweak and move it all around until everything settles into place.

Another thing to get used to at the start: one feels conscious! It feels like everyone will be spotting your firearm etc. Don't bother too much about that. Things will work out.

This video is quite interesting for us bigger guys

So didn't want to start a new thread just for a quick question so will piggy back this one.

Who here has tried both the Daniels IWB Kydex Holster 1.5″ J-Clip and the IWB Kydex Holster 1.5″ FOMI. The FOMI looks like it will have more purchase than the J-Clip and so be more steady and secure but will be more prone to printing?

User

I switched from a J-clip to a FOMI and it just didn't work for me. Both on Daniels IWB holsters.

For me personally, I prefer the range of movement allowed with the J-clip. Also, the positioning of the holster was affected due to the width of the FOMI requiring the holster to be moved more forward (or back) in relation to where the belt loop is on your jeans/trousers.

Printing is a function of how you dress in any case. I like to have my formal shirts "flared" over my belt line to hide the clip. T-shirts typically fall over the belt to cover the too.

I can't say that I found the FOMI more secure than the J.

Thanks, some good info, will try the J-Clip first then as I'm looking for two holsters.

I use a G19 in a Daniels AIWB holster that sits very comfortable at 2 Oclock it conceals very nice and lies under my boep so I do not even feel it when sitting on te couch. Once inside my vehicle I have to slide it back just a bit and then its comfy again. At 3 Oclock it prints a little bit more but still comfy. When you are on the range speak to someone that is more or less te same built to hear what they use and then you can decide which holster to try first.

User

Fat guys or large guys can AIWB.

Im 120KG.

I AIWB.

The less carbs I eat the more comfortable I feel, win win.

Daniels Super Tuck with claw and wedge, also Soft loop allows you to slightly Adjust the gun as you need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast