Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Needing some holster advice

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Fat guys or large guys can AIWB.

Im 120KG.

I AIWB.

The less carbs I eat the more comfortable I feel, win win.

Daniels Super Tuck with claw and wedge, also Soft loop allows you to slightly Adjust the gun as you need.

120kg! Dang you really are Homer!
    Just kidding I was 120kg a while back, have since lost 5kg and am looking to lose a lot more.

So got my hands on my Daniel's IWB for my G19. Loving it so far, just the right amount of tension and doesn't dig into me much when I sit down even though I've got some extra body mass.....

One question, on the J-clip are the screws supposed to have some play. The holes are not round and are drilled so that it has some horizontal play, about 5cm or so. Is that something new? The pictures on their website show round holes and not horizontal ones like I have.

Here you can see the play from the left to right side. Sorry about the size.

User

It's drilled like that to allow you to position the rig at the angle that works best for you. Once you've found the sweet spot you tighten it down.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    I have a P10C. I'll share my holster journey with you.

A previously very active mod advised to start off carrying in a Comp-tac MTAC holster (I bought it from hailstorm). I carried 3 o'clock. Concealed well, reasonably comfortable for a newb carrier.

I also got a Daniels IWB. It's slim and uncomplicated. I carried with it at 3 o'clock for a bit, before moving to AIWB. This is also the go to holster when pistol is not attached to my belt (trigger guard).

I thought AIWB wasn't for me. But the black Friday promo at Quantum Carry a few years back made it worth a try. It was highly recommended and in hindsight was well worth the investment. Initially it was a challenge to get used to, but soon it became second nature, especially when you find the sweet spot of exactly where it "fits naturally".

Regarding the "cheese grater" grip (one of the features I love about the P10C) wear a vest, tuck it between boepie and cheese grater.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    Like reading my own story. Also have a P10C, did notice after a while your skin gets used to the "grater" grip. Also after a Daniels holster got myself a Quantum holster, with the claw which really makes a difference. On the issue with the belt, maybe try a different belt or one of the belts without a big buckle. There are a lot of different styles and options - thinking of alien's velcro belt, Daniels has a few options etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    It's drilled like that to allow you to position the rig at the angle that works best for you. Once you've found the sweet spot you tighten it down.
    Ah right thanks, was a little confused as the pic they have on their website doesn't have that.

Great holster, can recommend, I wear it with my tracksuit pants and shorts without a belt (string) as well, and while not perfect as when worn with a belt it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2