Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Importing parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Importing parts

Have looked for an answer via search but come up with nothing.

Could I Import a grip module, light, trigger and barrel from the US? Do you need special permits or do I just pay tax and duty? A friend will be sending them for me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Importing parts

At Brownells if order reaches $100 you will need an ITAR permit. They charge a hefty fee to apply on your behalf for it. And I believe a 15% Itar fee on value. Locally you will need to obtain an ITAC permit which is free, But on arrival Customs will charge you 15% Vat on items + 15% Customs fee for the parts. As well as a handling fee of about R60-00. In some cases they will ask you did a clearing Agent. Mostly not. But if they do it will be +R450-00 extra.

At moment not alot of companies will ship anything firearm related out of USA. So you will first need to find a company you wish to order from. And ask them if they have courier willing to ship. As you might find your items getting to customs USA, And then rejected to leave the country. Some seller will say in advance. Should this happen. They do not need to refund as you needed to have investigated before hand.

Even if your friend ships it. You will need minimum ITAR permit to get around USA Customs to let it leave the country. Or they will reject and confiscate. Here you will still need ITAC once customs inspects it.

Again USA is very strict on firearm related items leaving.

User

Shipping will also be a ball-ache if your friend sends it, quotes I've had from my bud in Georgetown KY to Centurion: DHL $191, FedEx $188 and UPS $170 for a 1kg package.. Some items you can't find here, so you close the eyes, bite the pillow and think pleasant thoughts..

User

ITAR fell away, read here: https://www.dlapiper.com/en/us/insig...-have-arrived/

The barrel will be an issue, forget about it, but the other parts will just be a ITAC permit, and those are relatively easy and painless.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I’ll check ITAC out and chat to the US supplier. Understand the cost of shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

EAR is now applicable to firearms and parts that are commercially available in the USA.

You will still need an export permit imo.

Export permits are now processed by the US Dept of Commerce instead of US Dept of State as under ITAR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    EAR is now applicable to firearms and parts that are commercially available in the USA.

You will still need an export permit imo.

Export permits are now processed by the US Dept of Commerce instead of US Dept of State as under ITAR.
    My understanding is that you only need an export permit once you cross a $500 threshold. Also I understand the Dept. of Comm export permits are zero cost.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    My understanding is that you only need an export permit once you cross a $500 threshold. Also I understand the Dept. of Comm export permits are zero cost.
    Yup my last batch of stuff was under $500 and no issues...

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Yup my last batch of stuff was under $500 and no issues...
    Correct, same experience.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Correct, same experience.
    Is this from Brownells?

And then you only needed ITAC permit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast