Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Importing parts

User

Default Re: Importing parts

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Wait hold the phone, so the $100 limit at Brownells is gone?
    Yes. Not just Brownells, ANY retailer who's prepared to ship to S.A. The new ITAR limit has been set at $500, thanks to President Trump. In addition to that, the Bush era suppressor export ban has also been lifted, which means we should have access to much better quality cans, provided the manufacturer is prepared to export to us (which they should).

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Yes. Not just Brownells, ANY retailer who's prepared to ship to S.A. The new ITAR limit has been set at $500, thanks to President Trump. In addition to that, the Bush era suppressor export ban has also been lifted, which means we should have access to much better quality cans, provided the manufacturer is prepared to export to us (which they should).
    I have not found anyone else besides Brownells shipping to SA?I advocate supporting local, but some stuff is just unavailable

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Not ITAR, it's a export limit set by the Department of Commerce. ITAR falls under Department of State, which small arms have been removed from the list of ITAR controlled products.

Also, thanks kinda to Trump. The Obama administration actually started the process on the bill, it has just taken this long to be finalised.

AFAIK, cans still fall under ITAR, so you would need that export permit but I could be wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Anything that attaches to a firearm. Even a Bipod.
    I would not agree. A piece of metal cannot be a gun part if not designed as an integral part of a gun. Those are considered sporting goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Under the ITAR rules scope bases, red dots and riflescopes could not be exported. If changed this would be the biggest delight to me.

Chubba I do not know if RDS plates fall under scope bases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3