User

Default Remington 700 ADL advice

I have a Remington 700 ADL chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    It has a blind magazine which I find extremely frustrating. The gap between the rail and magazine is very tight and it is difficult to load with fat fingers. I’m also not a fan of having to load a rifle to empty the magazine.

I am wanting to change the stock and add a new floor plate and removable magazine.

Has anyone done this that could offer some advice on which system and stock they changed to?

There is very little detail online. I have looked at a few polymer systems, like Magpul, but would prefer a metal/aluminum system. 1st prize would also be a magazine that’s stack ammo side by side, so that it doesn’t stick out below the trigger guard like some of the conversions kits for Howa and other brands.

Any help, advice or direction would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Remington 700 ADL advice

Hi WoodsieEC.......If you want to go flush magazine then best bet would be to go with Remington Bottom Aluminium set up as per the BDL stock.However in a metal/aluminium chassis you are most likely to go with aftermarket bottom metal with magazine extending underneath rifle.The Accuracy International Chassis with 5 round mag fits flush though.Euro Optic in Stellenbosch had them on special a while back.They are on the forum and topnotch to deal with.

Having said that I have a 20" Remington 223 with heavy barrel on a Magpul stock and that rifle handles and shoots like a dream.

Other options would be your GRS stocks, Warrior Chassis and MDT ( Imported ).Warrior is a SA company with very good service.

I have the Rmington 308 VSSF. Had Floor plate magazine which you could pop open at bottom and rounds came out.

But changed over to a MDT HS3 Chasis with removable 5 round magazine.

MDT has Importer and distributors local.

User

KRG Bravo, MDT XRS, Smoking Guns fiberglass stocks to name but a few options. Then use a 5 round magazine.