Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dereck Heale does it again

HI All
    co on a leisurely drive down to Cape Town I pick up a copy of the Man Magnum in Colesberg of all places. I read in the letters coloum that Mr Heale has a response to our responses in the Magnum and by jove he has done it again, please will someone send this man a brain cell or two, he maintains that a Glock is unsafe to be carried with one up the spout, stating that it is policy for all the government/ security organizations that use the Glock to carry one down. In all my time as a DOS/ DOJ/ DOD contracter we were ORDERED to carry one up the spout, and so were all the feds who use it! will Heale ever get this right? All the opds manuals I have for the various roles stipulate a locked and loaded carry! My my mr Heale when will you ever learn! I think the editor of magnum might get another letter! On a lighter note I see that old Swattie featrures quite extensively aongside Dr Glock Man Magnum have provided us with extensive material for SCF after Christmas
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Default Re: Dereck Heale does it again

My reply to his reply to our reply to his "article".

"Dear Editor,

Once again I am compelled to write in response to a letter authored by Mr. Heale, not only for your reader's benefit but for his as well.

Mr. Heale's unqualified and unsubstantiated statement that ALL uniformed officers of the various military, police, and security organizations who issue Glock pistols are required to carry in condition 3 is simply untrue. I wonder if Mr. Heale could refer your readers to his source for this information.
    I accept that there may be some organizations which require this mode of carry but they are, I submit, in the distinct minority. For instance, the FBI requires loaded chambers in their Glock 22's. In the light of the fact that handguns are principally defensive in purpose and thus employed in a reactive role, being required, either by deficient design or policy to carry in condition 3 significantly degrades their usefulness in this role. Therefore a firearms designer is, in my view, unlikely to design a handgun which is only safe to carry in this mode.

Furthermore, this carry condition was not contained, nor mentioned, in the Austrian Army's requirements. The Austrian military specifications required safety in all conditions.

This brings me to Mr. Heale's comments regarding the accepted "unload, show clear, pull trigger" practice. Let us assume, for the sake of this debate, that the occurrences complained of in the SAPSA and NPPSA newsletters happened in the unloading and proving safe phase. That is, after all, what Mr. Heale complains of in his initial article, albeit implying that Glock was somehow to blame for the implementation of this rule. The failure here lies, clearly, with the shooter and the range officer for not properly verifying that the firearm was indeed clear of ammunition. It was the improper and negligent application of a procedure which resulted in the negligent discharges and not a faulty procedure.

While I agree that some sport shooters do regard their firearms as sporting implements, I fail to see the problem with this. That is, after all, what they are to their owners. Quite what race guns and speed rigs have to do with anything is beyond me.

I invite Mr.Heale, in the interests of lively debate and increasing his firearms knowledge to continue this discussion at www.gunsite.co.za."
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Eloquently answered. +1000

So I guess the question is: SSP, BigT, abhm, Khumba, SWATG, Corne, ikor and the rest of the Glock owners on here - Please be honest and tell us how many times you've shot yourselves in the many years you've carried your unsafe suicide machines. Me personally, I try to limit the amount of times I shoot myself with my unsafe condition 1 G19 to about 3 times a week. Otherwise my medical aid gets a little edgy and I don't quite like going to gvmt hospitals after I've popped myself reholstering.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Yip I can safely ;) say that I have shot myself exactly ZERO times with my Glock in the 21 years that I have had it and actively carried it.

I know more than one person who has shot themselves with a 1911s THAT btw DOES HAVE EXTERNAL SAFETIES!!!

User

Sorry about the delay in replying but I have been waiting for my fingers to grow back after I blew them off again with my dangerous Glock ;D Seriously though what is up with this guy. If you pull the trigger on a gun expect it to shoot it is that simple.

now that I have recovered from my horrendous self inflicted Glock designed within policy wound to various parts of my substantial anatomy I may reply as follows!

The Editor
    Man Magnum Magazine

Dereck Heale factual incorrect letter, January 2009 Edition

Yet again I find myself writing to Man Magnum in response to the letter Dereck Heale sent in and which was published in your January 2009 edition, which in turn was in response to a plethora of letters combined under an article Glockenspiel, each of those letters was written to express the individual authors dismay at Heale’s blatant incorrectness in an article entitled conditions of carry which he authored.

In his latest literary mis-adventure Heale has yet again not let the facts interfere with his view on the world. In his letter Heale stated categorically that the Glock safe action pistol was in fact designed to adhere to the policies of all purchasing agencies to include the military, police and security agencies using the pistol that it be carried in what he terms condition three or un-cocked, empty chamber with a loaded magazine. I would like to take this opportunity to correct certain factual inaccuracies AGAIN held forth by mr Heale.

• US Military Protective Services Manual FM 3-19.12 Sect 13-23 – “All weapons shall be loaded when conducting a PSD” Loaded in the US Military lexicon means that a weapon has a magazine attached, is cocked with a round in chamber.

Singularly this statement alone belies the so called facts put forward by Dereck Heale, however as this manual is representative of all US Department of Defense Standard operating procedures Mr Heales interpretation of “all organizations” as well as the word Policy is rendered even more suspicious.

• The US State Departments daily orders to all contractors involved in security and protection operations on all State Department protective contracts, which co-incidentally Mr Heale, use the Glock Pistol, specifically indicate that on resumption of duty the guard is to ensure all weapons are loaded and placed into a condition of readiness and then activate the safety mechanism where applicable. WPPS contractors are also specifically instructed to ensure there firearms are all loaded. In both cases loaded is defined as having a full magazine, cocked with a round in the chamber.
    • The SO 19 of the British Metropolitan Police carry there Glocks in a loaded condition, again loaded does not mean condition three.
    • The LAPD members issued with the Glock carry it in a loaded fashion.
    • The Chicago PD carry the Glock in a loaded mode
    • The NYPD carry their Glocks loaded
    • Closer to home the PSS unit of the SAPS were issued Glocks for the prime reason that they could be safely carried in a loaded condition and deployed accurately in a close quarters situation.
    • As a contractor on Dept of Defence, Dept of State, US Military, US Army Corps of Engineers projects, I carried a Glock pistol and was instructed to qualify and carry it in a loaded mode
    • I find no mention in the original Austrian Military request for tender stipulating a condition three carriage rather a universal requirement for safety in all conditions of carriage!

Mr Heale I implore you, before you place pen to paper again please ascertain your facts, I would even invite you to engage some of the industry professionals who include veterans of policing, military and the specialized security industry as well as highly skilled civilian sports shooters who daily carry the weapons on which you deliver comment in situations vastly different from your pistol club in Durban, you may engage them at www.gunsite.co.za

Best regards

I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Yes when we went down to Durban for the article we actually phoned Mr Heale to come out and join us for the demonstration, oh well guess I don't have to tell you that he kindly refused!

I also bought my copy of Magnum in Colesberg when the little blue Chev Spark was heading up North and when I read the article and letter later that evening, I had to observe a moment of silence at the funeral of the last brain cells of Mr Heale. May those brain cells rest in peace and bother us no more with ill informed replies.....unfortunately I then woke up from my moment of lapse of reality and realised that Mr Heale's brain cells is still with us and will continue to irritate us by using manure to operate and continuing to misfire and backfire. Therefore I am refraining from any further comment at this point in time on comments made by Mr Heale as it does not justify me expending energy on this as I have to divert all my energy to keeping me sane after reading his manure.............

idf24 idf24 idf24 idf24 idf24

I see SSP and ABHM had their letters published in the Feb issue of Magnum. I'm dying for the next response, if any.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast