Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Buckle your seatbelts, we're taking the time machine to 1995 to look at the Wonder-Nine transition.

Gather around children. Today we're going back to the far off year of 1995. Yup, we're going to talk about the transition to the Wonder-Nine. Let's get the time machine going. Okay, everyone is strapped and ready to go? Because where we're going. Accessory Rails and RMR Optics didn't exist yet.

HOLD ON! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Woah dudes! We're back in 1995 and I swear, color existed. But Shotgun News wasn't and neither was some of the other gun publications. So you just have to imagine what color looked like. Anyways, today we're looking at some quality guns and the what led to the transition to the higher capacity Wonder-Nine.

First up is the Smith & Wesson Model 15 Combat Masterpiece.

The classic "K" Frame .38 S&W Special duty revolver. One variant or another of this wheel gun rode in the police holster for close to most of the 20th Century. A six shot, adjustable sight, double/single action gun. The quality that S&W put into these guns was fantastic. They were smooth shooting and capable for the era. The .38 S&W Special cartridge was and still is nothing to sneeze at. The 125gr SJHP +P load was a capable self defense round and Metro Dade PD put it to good use. How do I know? That's what my Father used back when he was a uniform patrolman for Metro Dade PD.

With HKS Speed Loaders, the gun was capable for most police shootings.

But there was another classic riding in cop holsters back then too.

Check out the rest of my article over at New Wave Firearms.
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Default Re: Buckle your seatbelts, we're taking the time machine to 1995 to look at the Wonder-Nine transiti

This is awesome!!! Made my day for sure

Default Re: Buckle your seatbelts, we're taking the time machine to 1995 to look at the Wonder-Nine transiti

Well the poster at start colours reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

😬
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Love this thread Miami_JBT

I love S&W revolvers for the same reason I like vintage tractors.....not quite up to speed with modern and new fangled gadgets, but a statement of an era that saw real application. BTW - your Mod15 looks to be in pristine condition - very pretty, indeed.

User

Wow .... made me think back.
    Got my first firearm in 1995 .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    Wow .... made me think back.
    Got my first firearm in 1995 .........
    Haha, I got my first firearm in 1986 under the "guidance of Massad Ayoob", according to him, at that time, the Ruger Speed Six 2¾" 357 mag with a bobbed hamer, was the best carry/self defence gun.

User

Great article Miami_JBT

You have a healthy and growing list of various articles to read I see.
    Thanks for sharing.

User

Thank you for brining back fond memories

User

That 92 looks identical to my 92SB. Awesome trip down memory lane! Back when we could walk into a gunshop and buy a nice variety of ammo, especially the then coveted 127gr +P+ Ranger SXT in 9x19 with the black lubalox coating. Easy to find and readily available back then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast