Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Shooting my Glock 21 better than my Glock 34

Hi Folks

Hlere is my background, I have been shooting pistol competetivly for the last 6 years. I started wth a Glock 21 45ACP have been shooting it for about 5 years continuisly.
    I got a Glock 34 about 4years ago and onocations have been shooting with it.
    so beginning of 2020 I decidid that I need to only shoot my G34 ad I also have done two Training coursed this year with, a IPSC instructor bassed in Pretoria.
    this has tought me a lot.

Now this past weekend i shot the Rooikraal metal mania shoot, I had to shoot my G1 again as my wife was shooting with the G34, low and behold I managed to beat every one that was shooting with Pistols, now I pulled some quick times out of the hat for me.
    Thinking about it I feel that I shoot my 45 better and quicker than my 9mm, I have been shooting metal mania this year with my G34 and i did not manage to break 6 sec on 5 plates as I do with my 45.

Is this some thing someone els also found or am I alone with this phenoninon.

Additional info I shot probably aroud 5 000 to 6000 round with my 45 over the last 5 years and I shot 1000 9mm this year alone even wit Covid restctions.
    I am considering to just shoot 45 from now on!

Default Re: Shooting my Glock 21 better than my Glock 34

I also found I shoot compact and standard size way better then longer versions. In my case I had a Shadow and P01 at same time. But accuracy on target was same. But I shot the P01 faster. So sold the Shadow.

User

Do you feel like you loose the front sight on the 34 as the 21 has a lift you find more predictable ?

User

I have shot about 5000 Rounds with my 34, my advice is go shoot another couple of thousand rounds through the 34, once you get used to it it can become very useful. and which sights do you have on it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Do you feel like you loose the front sight on the 34 as the 21 has a lift you find more predictable ?
    Grant9 I could never see my shights lift until I did the training, so now I see my shight with both pistols

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I have shot about 5000 Rounds with my 34, my advice is go shoot another couple of thousand rounds through the 34, once you get used to it it can become very useful. and which sights do you have on it?
    Steven001 I have Waren Tacticl sights on both black back and fibre front sights

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 21 View Post
    Steven001 I have Waren Tacticl sights on both black back and fibre front sights
    What factor are you getting out the 9mm ammo and which weight bullets are you using?

User

Shooting steel plates past weekend witj G26, G19 and G17 and would be pleasantly surprised with 26 every time around.I even convinced myself at one stage I was quicker back on target and more accurate with G26.Never gave longer sight radius that much thought till this post........awaiting license approval for G34 and suddenly less enthusiastic

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    What factor are you getting out the 9mm ammo and which weight bullets are you using?
    I shoot 147 gr in 34 at 132 pf
    230 gr in45 a 170 pf
    CMJ in both S121 powder in both

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 21 View Post
    I shoot 147 gr in 34 at 132 pf
    230 gr in45 a 170 pf
    CMJ in both S121 powder in both
    Nothing wrong with that, then its just practice IMHO but im no expert.... I do however shoot my G34 better than my G45

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast