Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Shooting my Glock 21 better than my Glock 34

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    I have always shot my full size Glocks (17 and 21) better than my competition Glocks (34 and 41). All roughly the same age.
    Not to sound condescending. I just want to get some idea of the round count and your shooting proficiency. If you do, where do you shoot competitions? And at what level?

Also, are all of them the same gen? And the same round count.

Just trying to wrap my head about a lot of the comments.

My gen 4 34 shoots just that much sweeter than my gen 4 17 with the same trigger bar. The trigger is better and the sight radius is beter. It is as if the 34 points better than the 17.

I suspect there are some details that are missed. Something like the round count could smooth out one trigger compared to another. Lots of elements.

I would have said that some of improvements I perceive could be subjective and highly opinionated, but for me personally it just shoots a good deal better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grobbie; 25-09-2020 at 17:24.

User

Default Re: Shooting my Glock 21 better than my Glock 34

I have seen a similar trend with my G20 and G34. What I suspect, is that I tend to grip the G20 harder and concentrate more, because I know it needs better control. The G34, being the sweet soft-shooting pistol it is, makes me relax.

Once I realize that I'm relaxing and concentrate more on my handling, the G34 starts to perform better again.

So no, it's the driver that counts, not the bus.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Not to sound condescending. I just want to get some idea of the round count and your shooting proficiency. If you do, where do you shoot competitions? And at what level?

Also, are all of them the same gen? And the same round count.

Just trying to wrap my head about a lot of the comments.

My gen 4 34 shoots just that much sweeter than my gen 4 17 with the same trigger bar. The trigger is better and the sight radius is beter. It is as if the 34 points better than the 17.

I suspect there are some details that are missed. Something like the round count could smooth out one trigger compared to another. Lots of elements.

I would have said that some of improvements I perceive could be subjective and highly opinionated, but for me personally it just shoots a good deal better.

All are gen 4s.

Been shooting Precision Centre-fire for about 5 years. Range visits are weekly. Only a Covid19 disruption.

Prior to that, I was an occasional sport shooter for 17 years.

Hope this gives a clearer pic.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I have seen a similar trend with my G20 and G34. What I suspect, is that I tend to grip the G20 harder and concentrate more, because I know it needs better control. The G34, being the sweet soft-shooting pistol it is, makes me relax.
    Lol same here, that's because 10mm takes no prisoners. If you have bad fundamentals it will show up immediately so we grip harder and apply the fundamentals better. When I shoot about 300 rounds of 10mm (PF 190) and move back to my 9mm I subconsciously apply the same strong grip and fundamentals which turns my 9mm back to a laser beam, you will be way faster and accurate at a faster rate.

Seems like 9mm makes us a bit lazy because the recoil, noise and blast isn't as much.

User

All are gen 4s.

Been shooting Precision Centre-fire for about 5 years. Range visits are weekly. Only a Covid19 disruption.

What is Precision Centre fire?

Are the round counts higher on the better shooting gun?

When I bought my 34 it was 4 or 5 thousand rounds in. But in great condition. All I did was dremel polish the internals. Sights were identical to my 17.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    What is Precision Centre fire?

Are the round counts higher on the better shooting gun?

When I bought my 34 it was 4 or 5 thousand rounds in. But in great condition. All I did was dremel polish the internals. Sights were identical to my 17.

Firearms were bought brand new. Roughly 5K to 6K through most of my Glocks.

Precision Centre-Fire is 'bulls eye' target shooting; 5 shots per target. Scores are are calculated according to shot placement.

Only internal polishing and connecter change / upgrade..

User

All are gen 4s.

Precision shooting is very different from practical/ sport shooting. Here it could definitely come down to manufacturing tolerances given that they are all production guns. They may all theoretically be at least equally accurate anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3