Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Shooting my Glock 21 better than my Glock 34

What does the timer say on a bill drill, distance change up drill ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    What does the timer say on a bill drill, distance change up drill ?
    dont know, I have not tested it that way yet, I will need to do this.

User

You mentioned you only recently after the training started to see the front sight better.

For the lack of a better way to explain it, you want to be at a level where your vision is good enough and things slow down enough that you end up waiting for the slide to finish moving forward. I have personally experienced it, just wish I can replicate it more often.

I know of a shooter that ended up going back to 124grn bullets just so that the slide impulse is faster. Crazy concept.

If you want, send me a pm and I will send you a book about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    You mentioned you only recently after the training started to see the front sight better.

For the lack of a better way to explain it, you want to be at a level where your vision is good enough and things slow down enough that you end up waiting for the slide to finish moving forward. I have personally experienced it, just wish I can replicate it more often.

I know of a shooter that ended up going back to 124grn bullets just so that the slide impulse is faster. Crazy concept.

If you want, send me a pm and I will send you a book about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Grobbie pm sent

User

Subjectively I believe that I shoot my G22 with full power ammo better than my G17.

And I think (but I cannot prove it scientifically) that I also shoot my G21 better than my G17...

I might be wrong about this ('wouldn't be the first time) but I think it has something to do with the fact that one's brain knows when you are firing a real gun with real recoil and the brain then forces the body to grip the gun properly and apply the fundamentals properly?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

And I think (but I cannot prove it scientifically) that I also shoot my G21 better than my G17...
    You not alone..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    You not alone..
    Eish, it sounds like there are many of us that feels the same way. Pity that the G21 with a 15rd mag doesn't fit in the Ipsc box.

User

If you're driving a production car faster around a track then a race car, it's not the cars fault.

I once let "Yeah, you haven't learned how to flinch the new gun properly" slip out to a client. What I meant was that there is a good chance that your performance with the G21 will fall back to that of the G34, and worse, given enough time behind the trigger.

It's not a G21 vs. G34 thing. It's a regular gun vs new gun thing. In theory, we should get better and better with the regular gun as we become accustomed to it, but sometimes we learn bad habits. So we shoot a different gun a little bit better for a little while until our subconscious mind figured out how to transfer the bad habit to the new gun.

I'll recommend defining the difference between the two guns better. For example: "I tend to shoot low with the G34, which I don't do with the G21. So I need to shrink the spread with the G34 to avoid dropping shots, which causes me to be slower." Once you have that, try figuring out why it is happening, and work on that.

User

I have always shot my full size Glocks (17 and 21) better than my competition Glocks (34 and 41). All roughly the same age.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast