Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vektor CP1 - A Piece Of Crap Or Did I Just Get A Lemon

So the first gun that I ever bought was a Vektor CP1, back in the day.

It gave me nothing but trouble, so I sold it and never bought another gun until many years later.

Was just curious, what was the quality of the CP1's like, did I just get a lemon. They looked a little gimmicky like a wannabe pistol but it was cheap and I wasn't looking to spend a lot at the time so I bought it.

Default Re: Vektor CP1 - A Piece Of Crap Or Did I Just Get A Lemon

I shot one, it was crap.

User

They were an entire lemon orchard

Banned

It seems that some work well, and others cause headaches. I know of two which worked flawlessly, but there were enough troubles that it gets mentioned in threads.

Vector did a recall and reworked them, but I don't know which ones. Most DFO offices I visited had a printout on the wall regarding this.

Some threads on them:

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show....php?20607-CP1

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...809-Vector-CP1

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...555-Vektor-CP1

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...736-Vektor-CP1

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...hallenge-today

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...tor-CP1/page11

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I shot with one once, and that same pistol almost shot me. The owner had a jam of some sorts and while clearing it a shot went off that missed my knee by not much. (The owner was a rookie with guns.)

Haha ok seems it wasn't just me. Not fond memories but what I do remember was it jamming on me and I didn't even shoot it all that much.

Reading some of the other threads - a Glock went for R12k in 2011?

Banned

It is likely, I know it’s easy just to blurt it out, but I really believe it’s the worst pistol I have ever shot.

The trigger, awe no man, how? How did that thing ever get past a bad decision phase?

I am haunted by one of these things, must be 1997/98 it all started. My friend Jono bought one and hated it, I shot it a few times as well, my old Model T Ford era Star shot better than the new Vector he had just bought. He sold it.
    Some 20 years later I make a new friend that becomes my child’s God parent and as time goes by I learn he shoots, hunts. As we learn each other I invite him to go do a few rounds target shooting with me and guess what? - He arrives with a Vector CP1.

After some chat it comes out he hates it as well and bla bla bla. I shoot it and tell him it’s as bad as the last one I shot. Further chat reveals that it is the same pistol, actually given not sold to my new friend by my old friend many years ago.
    They joke now that they actually not friends anymore because no friend would be so mean to a friend as to give him such a shit pistol.

True story, guy is here on site, Daneel.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    So the first gun that I ever bought was a Vektor CP1, back in the day.

It gave me nothing but trouble, so I sold it and never bought another gun until many years later.

Was just curious, what was the quality of the CP1's like, did I just get a lemon. They looked a little gimmicky like a wannabe pistol but it was cheap and I wasn't looking to spend a lot at the time so I bought it.
    What pistol do you have now.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by batman69 View Post
    What pistol do you have now.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk
    Glock 19 Gen 4 for EDC, plan on getting a G17 Gen 5 for sport/Roni, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    It is likely, I know it’s easy just to blurt it out, but I really believe it’s the worst pistol I have ever shot.

The trigger, awe no man, how? How did that thing ever get past a bad decision phase?

I am haunted by one of these things, must be 1997/98 it all started. My friend Jono bought one and hated it, I shot it a few times as well, my old Model T Ford era Star shot better than the new Vector he had just bought. He sold it.
    Some 20 years later I make a new friend that becomes my child’s God parent and as time goes by I learn he shoots, hunts. As we learn each other I invite him to go do a few rounds target shooting with me and guess what? - He arrives with a Vector CP1.

After some chat it comes out he hates it as well and bla bla bla. I shoot it and tell him it’s as bad as the last one I shot. Further chat reveals that it is the same pistol, actually given not sold to my new friend by my old friend many years ago.
    They joke now that they actually not friends anymore because no friend would be so mean to a friend as to give him such a shit pistol.

True story, guy is here on site, Daneel.
    LOL How to lose friends & alienate people - give them a Vektor CP1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast