Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: How Many Rounds Before Doing Damage To Your Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Nope, everything maintained fine. Parts break even with maintenance. The same as this particular shooters 2011's.

Grant9 knows what high round count guns look like. And he is correct, most I hear about do not look or shoot anything like the few I've actually seen. Most of the owners of "100k rounds" guns I've seen claimed shoot more like "5k rounds" shooters too, and know nothing of proper maintenance or the parts that are known to break in their amazing pistols that feed rocks.

@Soldierman, about 7000-8000 for a gen 4 or gen 5 9mmP G17 or G19 etc I believe is a good time to replace most springs. I know of many guns (including mine) pushed further without issue but also of some that had hiccups soon after that point and competitors who wished they had. On the second one, get an armorer to check the extractor and smaller bits. A mates just recently had his 35k service after some issued and replaced most of the slide internals. On a defensive gun I'd be more cautious

On my CZ75 I broke the TRS in about 4000 trigger pulls. The gun was second hand to me and already was looked after well. I recently did the major springs at an estimate 20k total through the gun, or about 10k since it came to me.
    Cajunized or stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Both mine and the high roundcount one were IPSC production legal under the old rules, so only CZ parts for most of their lives I presume.

That can change now I suppose.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Every time i hear about a SEE ZED thats done 100k i ask for pics of the internal parts, i never get them. Wonder why....
    I have pics somewhere in my phone of a CZ75 barrel and a slide, from different pistols, that broke. Round count is estimated at around 200 000, but no accurate records were kept. That is pretty decent in my book.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    The 300 000 round story is likely a myth. The pistol training glock 17 went just over 71 000 rounds. None of the Glocks at Battlefield Vegas seem to go over a 100 000 if not less.
    Apparently not.

Glock USA had an original mod 17 ("gen1") that they used as a demo gun. Everybody who tested it was required to update it's log book, so record keeping was mostly independent. The particular pistol ran for 330 000 rounds last time I saw an update on the process. That was about the time when the "gen2" pistols arrived, so the demo gun was obviously replaced.

A friend used a G19 "gen2" as a sports gun and shot it a lot. He kept records of his reloads and did not own another 9mm. His pistol did 300 000 rounds before he sold it to someone else. It was still working fine.

Yes, there are various reports of slide failures around 100 000 rounds. This may be with more recent models, or maybe not. Not many specifics given in these reports.

I think we can safely assume that the average Glock (or CZ) should last to around 100 000 rounds with proper maintenance, and possibly be repairable if parts are available.

User

I can post pics of the internals my CZ75 transitional if anyone is interested. Round count is currently at about 45k. I count the number of tins of MS200 I use to feed it with. Have replaced the slide stop (breaks every 10k or so rounds), firing pin spring, hammer spring, recoil spring (about every 10k rounds), trigger spring, extractor (also about every 10k rounds). Parts which are still original and not replaced: Hammer, slide, frame, barrel, sear, ejector, safety assembly, trigger, firing pin, barrel bushing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    I can post pics of the internals my CZ75 transitional if anyone is interested. Round count is currently at about 45k. I count the number of tins of MS200 I use to feed it with. Have replaced the slide stop (breaks every 10k or so rounds), firing pin spring, hammer spring, recoil spring (about every 10k rounds), trigger spring, extractor (also about every 10k rounds). Parts which are still original and not replaced: Hammer, slide, frame, barrel, sear, ejector, safety assembly, trigger, firing pin, barrel bushing.
    Please do mic

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Good example of a 75 based gun maintenance. I've been lucky with my extractor so far, I thought it was damaged and needed replacement at one stage but it was just carbon gumming it up in between the extractor and frame. There is a little chip out of the underside of my slide but it hasn't affected performance.

In the 1911 and Beretta 92 recoil springs are tired at 5000 or even less.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Apparently not.

Glock USA had an original mod 17 ("gen1") that they used as a demo gun. Everybody who tested it was required to update it's log book, so record keeping was mostly independent. The particular pistol ran for 330 000 rounds last time I saw an update on the process. That was about the time when the "gen2" pistols arrived, so the demo gun was obviously replaced.

A friend used a G19 "gen2" as a sports gun and shot it a lot. He kept records of his reloads and did not own another 9mm. His pistol did 300 000 rounds before he sold it to someone else. It was still working fine.

Yes, there are various reports of slide failures around 100 000 rounds. This may be with more recent models, or maybe not. Not many specifics given in these reports.

I think we can safely assume that the average Glock (or CZ) should last to around 100 000 rounds with proper maintenance, and possibly be repairable if parts are available.
    Who the heck buys a gun with 300 000 rounds through it? I know parts were replaced but still. I suppose a big discount was given

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Who the heck buys a gun with 300 000 rounds through it? I know parts were replaced but still. I suppose a big discount was given
    They probably give it to someone like Demolition ranch to finish it off.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast