Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Changing my S13 gun

Good morning ladles and jelly spoons. I hope everyone's having a beautiful Sunday thus far. I have a question that I need some advice on. So I've had my current S13 gun for about 3 years now, and I recently (2 weeks ago) bought an S15. Thing is, I've fallen so much in love with with the S15, that I'd like to get a compact version as my S13. My question is, at which point does my current S13 have to disappear? Like do I have to first get it off my name before I apply for a new one? Or do I wait until my new licence is approved first? If I have to get rid of it before applying then I'd obviously wait until my S15 is in my hands so to speak. I plan on meeting with my DFO tomorrow to discuss my options, but in my experience, the DFO's opinion isn't always the correct opinion. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Default Re: Changing my S13 gun

You are already acquiring more handguns and 2 will be the limit with occasional sport shooting. As you are still young, get dedicated status and then you don't have to worry about issues like these. Get your motivation done and you can buy as you wish.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Naatie View Post
    Good morning ladles and jelly spoons. I hope everyone's having a beautiful Sunday thus far. I have a question that I need some advice on. So I've had my current S13 gun for about 3 years now, and I recently (2 weeks ago) bought an S15. Thing is, I've fallen so much in love with with the S15, that I'd like to get a compact version as my S13. My question is, at which point does my current S13 have to disappear? Like do I have to first get it off my name before I apply for a new one? Or do I wait until my new licence is approved first? If I have to get rid of it before applying then I'd obviously wait until my S15 is in my hands so to speak. I plan on meeting with my DFO tomorrow to discuss my options, but in my experience, the DFO's opinion isn't always the correct opinion. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What driepootx says!!

Think about it.

You'll have 3 handguns instead of 2. Nothing wrong with that!

User

Unfortunately money is an issue right now because I'd like to get a shotgun as well, and my wife is wanting to start her process as well. So my plan is get a new S13, get my wife an additional licence for it, and get a shotgun for myself. Getting a shotgun means I need to get the competency and a new safe as well, and like I said, money is an issue, and I'm not a very patient person lol

Banned

Think it through carefully. Motivating firearms when dedicated becomes much easier. You don't need references accept those from the organization that grants your status. Draw up a comparison and check on the benefits. I have nine firearms and keeping your dedicated status is very easy. Most organizations accept 3 activities as sufficient for a year.

User

Just out of interest, do you mind sharing which firearms you have and what will you be replacing your S13 with?

User

I've got a P320 compact, just bought a 17 MOS, and would like to replace the Sig with a 19 MOS

User

Well at least a G19 is drop safe...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naatie View Post
    My question is, at which point does my current S13 have to disappear? Like do I have to first get it off my name before I apply for a new one? Or do I wait until my new licence is approved first? If I have to get rid of it before applying then I'd obviously wait until my S15 is in my hands so to speak. I plan on meeting with my DFO tomorrow to discuss my options, but in my experience, the DFO's opinion isn't always the correct opinion. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Without DSS you may only have two handguns. If you want another handgun, one of them must go. In that case, let it go just before applying for the new one.If you get DSS, you can add a third one. If your wife is serious about carrying, get her her own firearm. It is of no use sharing a firearm when she wants her own.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Without DSS you may only have two handguns. If you want another handgun, one of them must go. In that case, let it go just before applying for the new one.If you get DSS, you can add a third one. If your wife is serious about carrying, get her her own firearm. It is of no use sharing a firearm when she wants her own.
    The reason is that I'll then primarily be carrying the 17, but I want the option of carrying the 19 if for example we go somewhere where I need to wear a suit or something that makes concealing a 17 a bit more difficult. Eventually when I have the money I'll definitely get her her own gun, but this is for the interim while I'm saving up. That being said, nobody actually answered my original question though, at what point do I get rid of the one I'm replacing? I see you said to get rid of it just before applying, does that mean that it needs to be off my name BEFORE I submit a new application?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast