Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned

Default Re: Better than bare minimum rifle safe recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post
    Might be a silly question but how does one maneuver a 600kg safe into its final position? I'm pretty sure a forklift wont fit through most peoples front door.
    I moved a safe as such for a butcher, a German butcher. The Germans are clever people, he put pigskins under the safe and we dragged it into the property and a good 30 m to its resting place.

I was amazed - the skins worked like greased skids, no issues at all.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I moved a safe as such for a butcher, a German butcher. The Germans are clever people, he put pigskins under the safe and we dragged it into the property and a good 30 m to its resting place.

I normally use a old towel or blanket to pull a standard/tin can safe around. First time I hear of this way, could you please elaborate more? Was it "meat side" against the safe and outside on the floor, was the skin dry, wet or tanned?

User

Now the question on my mind adding to Vaal's question and what I pondered on for a moment is...
    Did you work hard enough and slide the safe fast enough to smell the sizzling bacon rind...

😂

A bacon sled, I like the idea.

Banned

Default Re: Better than bare minimum rifle safe recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I normally use a old towel or blanket to pull a standard/tin can safe around. First time I hear of this way, could you please elaborate more? Was it "meat side" against the safe and outside on the floor, was the skin dry, wet or tanned?
    The Germans use the dehaired skins to texurise their sausages, something about the things in pig skin that make the (I forget the word) sausage gelatinous.
    I learnt this when I tried using W/Hog B/Pig to duplicate German sausages - they use the pig skin in a big way to make their meats. The skin goes through a "bolt cutter"

The skin appeared raw, but scraped, de-haired and perhaps brined (it was rather disgusting to handle). The skin was unbelievably greasy, and looked like it had puffed up a bit, like been soaked in something ????

User

The Germans use the dehaired skins to texurise their sausages, something about the things in pig skin that make the (I forget the word) sausage gelatinous.
    I learnt this when I tried using W/Hog B/Pig to duplicate German sausages - they use the pig skin in a big way to make their meats. The skin goes through a "bolt cutter"

The skin appeared raw, but scraped, de-haired and perhaps brined (it was rather disgusting to handle). The skin was unbelievably greasy, and looked like it had puffed up a bit, like been soaked in something ????
    Uhm, it sound like I'll stick with cheap chinese blankets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3