Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CZ PO-7

User

Default Re: CZ PO-7

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    You're the expert you're referring to I'm guessing?
    I have a P07 Gen 2 fully Cajunized, amongst other CZ's. I also own Glocks. I hope this doesn't blow your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please post less and read more. SSP = moderator. Please see his post above.

User

Thanks guys
    I am not blaming the gun at all, I am going to replace it with a new PO-7, and regarding the ammo, well it was an old box that I have bought a few years ago. Did not know you could buy " factory reloads " but is was a expensive lesson
    Regards

User

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Fair enough. I just read his comment, didn't look at the pictures.
    Looks like it happens to P07's full stop. Not very confidence inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not a gun failure. It's an ammo failure. It happens with all guns. No need to bash a perfectly good gun because OP fed it crap.

Seen some issues with factory ammo as well. So I don't think it being factory makes it automatically immune.

User

That's exactly where I've seen two P07's break the frame due to overcharged ammo failing at that point on the case. One was another brand of ""factory"" reloaded ammo and one was deliberate testing.

Sorry that it happened to you. Ammo is likely to blame yes, but some polymer frame materials do handle a bit more than others.

User

NGA went bust because they sacrificed too many guns to the powder gods...
    That is the reason why they are no longer in business.
    If you see a packet of NGA ammo, please do us all a Favour and pull the bullets, discard the powder and reload it yourself.

BTW was the failed case a Winchester case perhaps?

The P07 is not to blame here. I know of a Glock which was destroyed due to a squib. Not the Glock's fault.
    Can happen to any gun.

I have seen the results of some deliberate overcharge testing on a P07 and a G26.

The testing was conducted here by the importer of a brand of ammo that was accused, but never proven, of blowing up guns. Mysteriously the complainants could never produce the remains of the boxes of the offending ammo for testing.

The importer fired a factory load, a 50% overload and a double charge through each gun.

The P07 blew out exactly like the pictures on a 50% over load.

The 26 is still serviceable.

While this is a sample of one it does mirror what guys are seeing in the field.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    Seen some issues with factory ammo as well. So I don't think it being factory makes it automatically immune.
    Certainly not, but an order of magnitude less likely.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Is the Slide and Barrel still in order. Or have those tested/inspected by a Gunsmith.

You possibly can replace the frame through Formalito. By this I mean order and purchase one then.

I know most Insurance policies have an All Risk part in them. Where you can claim for small stuff. Its usually up to 5000 or value.
    I once fell on Hunting trip and landed on rifle with Scope. Scope Sunshade and front part was Oval. My Rifle was not specified at all.
    I phoned Broker who handles our Santam Policy. And they put in claim on Scope Damage. And the damage/repair was paid for by Santam under this section for non specified items.

Maybe you can claim the frame under this section.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Is the Slide and Barrel still in order. Or have those tested/inspected by a Gunsmith.

You possibly can replace the frame through Formalito. By this I mean order and purchase one then.

I know most Insurance policies have an All Risk part in them. Where you can claim for small stuff. Its usually up to 5000 or value.
    I once fell on Hunting trip and landed on rifle with Scope. Scope Sunshade and front part was Oval. My Rifle was not specified at all.
    I phoned Broker who handles our Santam Policy. And they put in claim on Scope Damage. And the damage/repair was paid for by Santam under this section for non specified items.

Maybe you can claim the frame under this section.
    I have all my guns specified, not expensive at all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast