Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NRL22 Gauteng

User

Default NRL22 Gauteng

Hello,

Is any one running the NRL22 i Gauteng?
    https://nrl22.org/

Any one know what the local price in Rands would be for the basic class?

Any rifle system that comes in under a combined MSRP of $1050 shall be eligible to compete in Base class. This combined MSRP price is for the rifle and scope only.

I know the direct exchange would be +/- R17472.31
    But seeing that a new CZ 457 thumbhole is about that price with no optic, it seems very low..

User

Default Re: NRL22 Gauteng

I would also be interested in competing in this...

There is a match this weekend.

Join the whatsapp group.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Irs3ONY88rY3gSYh4KJhQ1

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunC View Post
    Hello,

Is any one running the NRL22 i Gauteng?
    https://nrl22.org/

Any one know what the local price in Rands would be for the basic class?

Any rifle system that comes in under a combined MSRP of $1050 shall be eligible to compete in Base class. This combined MSRP price is for the rifle and scope only.

I know the direct exchange would be +/- R17472.31
    But seeing that a new CZ 457 thumbhole is about that price with no optic, it seems very low..
    NRL is only starting out locally. So no classes as yet. Come shoot with any 22lr that you have. Guys will loan you bags etc.

Nice local option is Gunwarrior chassis with CZ 457 / 455 or Brno.

I'm currently running a Hawke scope with the 22lr reticle, gets you out to 200m with holdovers.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

User

There is a NRL22 match tomorrow in Pretoria. Will be our first time attending as well. Looking forward to it. The preparation we did was very interesting. It is somewhat more challenging than I originally anticipated and the game doesn’t feel slow. Coming from IPSC, I thought it might be a little slower and less exciting. That, certainly, is not the case.

What I like about it so far;

1. Considerably less equipment required and stage setup is a breeze compared to IPSC. Reduced are the days when the few are working their backsides off to present a quality match, only to have 50 other people arrive to participate and complain, like the eagle has landed.

2. At our club, I spend a lot more time in the shade. The majority of the time spent is under the roof at the firing line. In the long run, I think this might be healthier. It is a whole lot more pleasant not having to cover up like Bear Grylls crossing the Sahara and coming home with sunburn etcetera.

3. The ammo situation is much less onerous. No load development, no expensive equipment needed to reload, no scrounging for brass. Round counts are also lower. Find a round that shoots well, buy a case, and forget about it. It could also be done a lot more affordably if you are prepared to avoid expensive ammo like Eley’s and so on.

4. I think this sport will be perfect for families that want a cost effective way of participating in a dynamic type of shooting sport. Perfect for kids and ladies. No excessively loud noise and sharing of equipment is easy. I see there is even an Air Rifle class in the States. That takes the running cost to almost zero.

What I dislike so far; it is not quite as Freestyle as IPSC.

I’ll be shooting a CZ455 with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical.

https://practiscore.com/nrl-gauteng-...match/register

I'm doing my first .22nrl match next sunday, my first match of any kind. I don't yet have my own rifle so I'll be borrowing one on the day. Have no idea how the rifle shoots and what holdover I'll need to do at 250m. BUt honestly if I miss everything I'll still have fun. Have bought my own .22 but waiting for the license approval, then I'll get to know my own kit. Going to be fun. ENjoy tomorrows shoot

User

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    I'm doing my first .22nrl match next sunday, my first match of any kind. I don't yet have my own rifle so I'll be borrowing one on the day. Have no idea how the rifle shoots and what holdover I'll need to do at 250m. BUt honestly if I miss everything I'll still have fun. Have bought my own .22 but waiting for the license approval, then I'll get to know my own kit. Going to be fun. ENjoy tomorrows shoot
    Has the owner got some info? Although any shoot is fun, its a helluva lot more fun to get some hits!

Do you have a ballistic app? Streloc Pro has a lot of data on most rimfire ammo, not sure how accurate it is, but you will at least have something to work off.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice, most of your fellow competitors will gladly share tips/DOPE and equipment like rear bags.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

agreed. I haven't actually even met the owner in person but I do plan to find out if he has any ballistic data before the shoot to try and at least hit a few:) He has been very helpful so far. I've got a 270 which i shoot with so I'll take my own bags etc but hopefully i can get the specific DOPE info.

User

Thanks for the feedback so far.. This sounds like a fun day out..

User

for the guys who do this, is it like this in SA?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast