Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    It will never be OK as long as the base and rings are separate items, whether it is a one piece base or not, or whether it is piccatinny or not. The only circumstance I can think of in which a pair of rings will be parallel and concentric out of the box is where a one piece base and the two bottom halves of the rings have been made from a single piece of metal and the rings have been machined or reamed together. I'm sure there must be such a product out there but I've never seen one. But why struggle looking for a hard to find product or pay a huge price for mounts that will need lapping no matter how expensive they are, when lapping is so simple and the result so precise.
    These are one piece units save for the top half of the rings. I cannot speak to the machining method but the one I have is beautifully finished and 100% concentric. No idea as to current price but it makes switching between multiple rifles a piece of cake with usually just elevation adjustments.

Default Re: Mounting A Scope

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    These are one piece units save for the top half of the rings. I cannot speak to the machining method but the one I have is beautifully finished and 100% concentric. No idea as to current price but it makes switching between multiple rifles a piece of cake with usually just elevation adjustments.
    I've conceded that a one piece that includes the bottom halves of the rings is the only way to manufacture them parallel and concentric. But you still don't know that they are unless you can measure them. How do you know they're 100% parallel and concentric? I'm curious to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3