Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 compact for edc

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    The 2.0 trigger is great. It's a massive improvement over the standard 1.0 trigger.

The M&P is also ergonomically superior to any pistol on the market and as reliable as anything out there. You won't be sorry for buying one.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I’m definitely leaning towards the M&P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yusufA View Post
    I’m trying to get my hands on some 17 round mags for the range. My store is giving me 3 15rd mags with it.

Try Jizni
    https://www.jizni.co.za/magazines-mp...azine-mp9.html

Quote Originally Posted by yusufA View Post
    I’m trying to get my hands on some 17 round mags for the range. My store is giving me 3 15rd mags with it
    The older generation 17rnd mags should work 100%, also i think you will get a mag sleeve in the box for the 17 rnd mags.

Dont worry about the trigger, the 2.0 series has vastly improved over the 1.0 series.

I do recall MRST based in Pretoria is running a special on the 2.0 compact's for R8550 but that's for the 4" model though.

Just a note, for concealability the slide isn't the issue but the length of the grip that plays a major factor. I have seen smaller build gents struggle to conceal the crossover pistols (short slide long grip) in appendix carry due to the grip length being long, just something to consider.

OR if you really want a 3.6 barrel model you could wait for the 2.0 subcompact to land? This allows you to build the grip length to your needed requirements and around how you dress for the day.

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

Yusuf, excellent choice, ive carried a M&P9 (Gen1) with safety since 2012. Trigger not great but you have to train with your pistol to master it. concealed carry with this full size was never an issue for me, right holster(CKCS) and right attire and you good to go, ive never been made. I fill a size seven shoe with a max height of 1.6999999m, so needles to say concealment with full size pistols poses its own challenges for me.
    Now that im a bit more grown up i bought the 4" compact 2.0 without safety last year as my new edc. WOW, just freaken WOW.
    I received this pistol end Feb this year and never had a chance to go to the range with her. Did a 3gun match in July and my fullsize fails on me, broken striker pin( dont despair, this gun was doing double duty as edc and sport gun with close to 10k rounds thru it, which is also a classic example why having a dedicated EDC and dedicated SPORT gun is critical) so i swop out for my compact to fill in the rest of the match and forced to run the first rounds through her in a match.
    Running 17 round mags, sight alignment is more natural than the full size but the TRIGGER, yoh, lightyears ahead of the GEN 1. Sure there is a bit of a long takeup but once it hits the wall the break is ALMOST in the 1911 trigger arena, obviously heavier but just as clean. Shooting my own reloads not a single hickup she swallowed all 60+ rounds and spat them dead on target as long as i did my bit.

i must say the trigger bar on the gen 1 is a bit of a sloppy design, possibly why the trigger on the older model is not so nice. BUT on the 2.0 Smith put some serious thought into this design and it seems to move more solidly, pushing back onto a linkage that in turn pushes the sear to release the striker.

Anyway, you can see i like my smiths and can go on talking about them.....but not wanting to derail your thread more all i can say is

you wont go wrong with the 2.0 compact, in fact if you are by the means, buy two

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    The older generation 17rnd mags should work 100%, also i think you will get a mag sleeve in the box for the 17 rnd mags.

Dont worry about the trigger, the 2.0 series has vastly improved over the 1.0 series.

I do recall MRST based in Pretoria is running a special on the 2.0 compact's for R8550 but that's for the 4" model though.

Just a note, for concealability the slide isn't the issue but the length of the grip that plays a major factor. I have seen smaller build gents struggle to conceal the crossover pistols (short slide long grip) in appendix carry due to the grip length being long, just something to consider.

OR if you really want a 3.6 barrel model you could wait for the 2.0 subcompact to land? This allows you to build the grip length to your needed requirements and around how you dress for the day.
    Thanks!
    I will try to source some gen 1 mags. It does come with 2 mag sleeves.

Any idea when the 2.0 subcompact will reach SA?

Quote Originally Posted by SamL View Post
    Yusuf, excellent choice, ive carried a M&P9 (Gen1) with safety since 2012. Trigger not great but you have to train with your pistol to master it. concealed carry with this full size was never an issue for me, right holster(CKCS) and right attire and you good to go, ive never been made. I fill a size seven shoe with a max height of 1.6999999m, so needles to say concealment with full size pistols poses its own challenges for me.
    Now that im a bit more grown up i bought the 4" compact 2.0 without safety last year as my new edc. WOW, just freaken WOW.
    I received this pistol end Feb this year and never had a chance to go to the range with her. Did a 3gun match in July and my fullsize fails on me, broken striker pin( dont despair, this gun was doing double duty as edc and sport gun with close to 10k rounds thru it, which is also a classic example why having a dedicated EDC and dedicated SPORT gun is critical) so i swop out for my compact to fill in the rest of the match and forced to run the first rounds through her in a match.
    Running 17 round mags, sight alignment is more natural than the full size but the TRIGGER, yoh, lightyears ahead of the GEN 1. Sure there is a bit of a long takeup but once it hits the wall the break is ALMOST in the 1911 trigger arena, obviously heavier but just as clean. Shooting my own reloads not a single hickup she swallowed all 60+ rounds and spat them dead on target as long as i did my bit.

i must say the trigger bar on the gen 1 is a bit of a sloppy design, possibly why the trigger on the older model is not so nice. BUT on the 2.0 Smith put some serious thought into this design and it seems to move more solidly, pushing back onto a linkage that in turn pushes the sear to release the striker.

Anyway, you can see i like my smiths and can go on talking about them.....but not wanting to derail your thread more all i can say is

you wont go wrong with the 2.0 compact, in fact if you are by the means, buy two
    Thanks for the help! I’m definitely set on the M&P now.

I’d love to own a performance center full size one day but for now I’ll settle on the compact

Banned

Yusuf, while you are at it, please check on international forums for reports on breakages etc? Then get spare parts now and put them away. I am not aware of any serious flaws or breakages, yet being prepared is just wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Yusuf, while you are at it, please check on international forums for reports on breakages etc? Then get spare parts now and put them away. I am not aware of any serious flaws or breakages, yet being prepared is just wise.
    Thanks! Will definitely have a look into any breakages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2