User

Default Glock 19 Gen3 Advice

Hi Guys

Ive got a glock 19 as my carry gun, but damn the magazine release is sooo tiny, impossible to work with.

Had a look online for extended mag releases but not sure which ones are actually good and reliable.

I found the Zev Extended mag release which is quite expensive (R1K) but I obviously wouldnt want to cheap out on someting like this.

Any advice? Anyone here replaced the original mag release on their Gen3?

Thank you.

User

Default Re: Glock 19 Gen3 Advice

User

Thank you Fire-Stick I will give them a ring tomorrow as well.

User

One thing to keep in mind when changing the mag release is to check that it doesn't engage when the FA is holstered resulting in an ejected mag.

User

Where are you located? I bought a Glock upgrade kit that had a Gen 3 extended mag release in, you can have it if want it. I have a Gen 4, so it's of no use to me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Where are you located? I bought a Glock upgrade kit that had a Gen 3 extended mag release in, you can have it if want it. I have a Gen 4, so it's of no use to me.
    Im in CPT :(

Thanks anyway Tobie, really nice of you

This has happened to me on numerous occasions especially when using a kydex holster. Please be cautious of what FS said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    One thing to keep in mind when changing the mag release is to check that it doesn't engage when the FA is holstered resulting in an ejected mag.

User

Quote Originally Posted by robvd View Post
    Im in CPT :(

Thanks anyway Tobie, really nice of you
    Hi robvd

Consider the generous offer by Tobie.
    Postnet fee is R99

Not trying to take a sale away from Jizni but the mag release costs 150 and there is postage of say R100 on top unles you will arrange to collect and then need to pay the fuel anyway which may be more depending on where you stay...?

With Tobie you will be saving if it will work for you.

User

I used the Vickers Tactical Mag release on my G19 Gen3 and haven't looked back. It works for me and I'm a happy camper.

User

I am all for easy handling of the pistol, including fast mag changes. However, I have experienced the minor inconvenience of having a pistol releasing the mag inadvertently. It was minor, since I did not need it to save my life before I noticed the problem. Imagine needing it and you find the mag is AWOL...

Also, fast mag changes are not as important on the street as they may be on the range. Having a full mag in in the first place is far more important. The extended mag release buttons on many pistols are far too easy to bump, especially in a physical struggle as happens often in a developing SD situation. I have gone as far as filing a protruding mag release button down on a carry gun, to prevent this from happening.

A good holster that covers the button and has enough extra clearance for the extended version would be absolutely essential if you choose to go the extended route.

Choose wisely.