Thread: Guns at Work

User

Default Guns at Work

Im looking for Guns at Work shooting range, I cant find a shooting range at the address they give on Google Maps, and I dont feel like driving around a mine looking for one, could anyone please give me directions or even send me a pin so that I know were to go?

Thanks in advance.

User

Default Re: Guns at Work

Ok wait I just figured it out, Shows on map view bun not on 3D Globe view, now I feel dumb.....

User

It is VERY misleading that Google Maps points to Guns at Work as Knights Shooting range, and that Andre uses the Knights Shooting Range Facebook page to advertise the range.

Guns At Work is a new shooting range that opened last year. It is NOT the old Knights Shooting Range. This is from the owner of Knights Shooting Range on Facebook that commented on an Elite Firearms Training post:

Hi guys .... if you can afford me the opportunity to set the record straight.
    Andre worked at Knights Shooting Range, until we had to close last year due to mine activity.
    The idea was to close for 4 months - revamp the range while we were closed and bring a new beter range once we opened.

André however started a range whilst we were planning the shutdown, unaware to us.
    Guns at work have no affiliation to Knights other that he worked work for me until he resigned the day the range temporarily closed.

We will be communicating our plans shortly for the exciting future of Knights Shooting Range, as we bring the last year to closure.

I would also recommend not supporting them and rather going to Rooikraal until the future of Knights Shooting Range is announced.

Andre literally banned all Elite Firearms Training club members from using his range after there was a disagreement (from the Elite Firearms Training Facebook page) :

Its with a very heavy heart that we have to cancel Sunday's "Introduction to Sport Shooting" event.

I was informed yesterday via a "WhatsApp" message that EFT Members or anyone affiliated with or linked to EFT, will not be allowed use the Range anymore.
    In an attempt to address this and resolve the purported issue amicably, no reasons were furnished other than: “Bru....Im done.....please loose my number"

We have only but supported this business and our involvement at what was previously known as "Knights Shooting Range" spans over the past 7 years. EFT used its marketing platform and following to encourage people to support this range.
    A few of our members who generously donated materials to help improve the range have also been told they will not be allowed to use the range in future.
    Our club base have grown exponentially over the last few years not to mention other affiliated Dedicated Status Organizations which can log activities doing events like this.
    EFT has also given preferential treatment and advice to this particular person and the range in all business/range and sport shooting related aspects.

The feedback over the past few months has only been positive from the Shooters who attended the previous event as well as interest created for younger shooters and women who were keen to attend this months event.
    Despite the “East Rand Steel Challenge” being conceived by members of EFT and the subsequent hosting of this event to the exclusion of EFT, we still encouraged our members/non-affiliated members to attend the monthly events hosted at this Range.
    This was of course to continue to support the Range and providing the shooters with the opportunity to log the event as a shooting activity. It created more exposure for both parties, and at the same time, raise the standard of Sports Shooting in SA and introducing new blood into the shooting world.

In the same breath we are no longer associated with Pew Pew Apparel for the same business moral ethics using EFT's intellectual property and marketing strategies for this Range Owner’s financial gain.
    We hope, in the near future, to secure a new range willing to accommodate/host these events for us.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    It is VERY misleading that Google Maps points to Guns at Work as Knights Shooting range, and that Andre uses the Knights Shooting Range Facebook page to advertise the range.

Guns At Work is a new shooting range that opened last year. It is NOT the old Knights Shooting Range. This is from the owner of Knights Shooting Range on Facebook that commented on an Elite Firearms Training post:

I would also recommend not supporting them and rather going to Rooikraal until the future of Knights Shooting Range is announced.

Andre literally banned all Elite Firearms Training club members from using his range after there was a disagreement (from the Elite Firearms Training Facebook page) :
    Wow, what a cockup, Im attending a course at Guns at Work, so that why ill be going there